Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Bargaining margins on a new S5

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am likely switching my car from a S5 SB that I have on order to a S5 Cabrio my dealer just got on their lot. I was able to negotiate a 3% discount on the SB on order. They will honor this for the Cabrio. Question is this, the SB is theoretically in more demand as the SB is a new model. Thus, I should be able to negotiate a better discount on the cabrio, right?

Does anyone know if S5s are excluded from the ACNA discount or only the SB? Obviously it plays into my hand to be able to say I can join the ACNA today and come back on Monday with a 6% discount certificate...
Old 05-19-2017, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

As of today, they list it as:

"In general, unless there has been advance written notice to the contrary, all new and unused Audi vehicles, excluding RS3, A5 Sportback, S5 Sportback, RS5, Audi Q5 (MY18), RS7, Audi Q7, A8 W12, S8 Plus, R8, and TTRS, are eligible."

The A5/S5 Coupe and Cabrio should be eligible for 6%.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I only got a small discount and the dealer would not honor the club discount.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have been a club member since 2011. S5 SB is excluded from the 6% club discount. There are 2 S5 (one prestige, one premium plus) coupes in my area though both are not my color/options. They would only offer 3% off msrp. I ended up ordering a S5 prestige coupe with 6% club discount due to arrive mid to late Aug. BTW, you will need to contact club office to email you a paperwork for the 6% deal.

Last edited by KarKid; 05-20-2017 at 10:54 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 05-21-2017, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

To expand, The ACNA office is really supportive. So if you are 6+ months member or lifetime, they will respond to your request for the forms via email very quickly, often within minutes.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to add another data point to this thread, I was able to get 5% off MSRP + loyalty cash on a Prestige S5 cabrio about 2 weeks ago. Dealer accepted my first offer without any back and forth. Dealer is in Florida.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

The car may be offically on or off the list, but the dealer ultimately can do what they wish. Your best bargaining power is on a car in stock, ready to go.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tstiles
An Audi Club of North America membership benefit (after 6 mo membership) is a 6% off MSRP discount. Without that, a discount of 3-1/2 to 4% is common. It pays to speak to multiple dealers. Ask them if they recognize the ACNA discount program. That's a great starting point. You can work back from there if you need to.
I've been in Audis since 2003. I didn't know this. What a dumbass. SMH

I'm on a waitlist for the '18 RS5. I wonder if the discount will apply to that?
Old 05-30-2017, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry but newbie question here - on the Corvette Forum, there were a group of forum dealers that were well known for the amounts of discounts they offered. The ACNA discount is a great benefit (one reason I joined) but I find it frustrating that all dealerships don't honor it and there doesn't appear to be an easy way to figure that out other than just calling a number of dealerships. If I'm missing something here please enlighten me.

I'm trying to work a deal now with my local Audi dealer who is offering some off but not the 6% ACNA dealer. I want to support my local dealer but that may end up costing me thousands more.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

While dealerships may be "authorized" Audi or Porsche or Mercedes dealers, they are independent businesses that have a contractual relationship to sell a certain brand or brands of cars. They are not company owned or controlled and can honor or or choose to refuse, any other agreements that the company may endorse other than selling the products, in this case, Audi's. ACNA may have an agreement in place with Audi for their members that many or most dealers honor, but they aren't required to do so just like you don't have to choose to buy a car from them if they don't. Isn't free enterprise wonderful?!!

Quick Reply: Bargaining margins on a new S5