Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Black/Red S5 SB - Questions about exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black/Red S5 SB - Questions about exhaust

Here are some pics of the 18 S5 SB I just picked up. For those wondering about the black and red color combo, this is my 3rd car with this setup and I absolutely love it. Also looks great with the carbon fiber trim.

Does anyone know if any aftermarket exhaust companies have started production for the B9? I know AWE is working on one for the S4 (which they think will fit or be very similar to the S5). Let me know if anyone has more information

Old 06-19-2017, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats - Mythos/Magma is a great combo. Exhausts are being worked on by a few companies as we speak. Have you heard the Milltek for the S4? That should be a good indication of what we can look forward to since the S4 and S5 systems are very similar.

Originally Posted by Phlyers89
Here are some pics of the 18 S5 SB I just picked up. For those wondering about the black and red color combo, this is my 3rd car with this setup and I absolutely love it. Also looks great with the carbon fiber trim.

Does anyone know if any aftermarket exhaust companies have started production for the B9? I know AWE is working on one for the S4 (which they think will fit or be very similar to the S5). Let me know if anyone has more information

Old 06-19-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have posed the same questions to Eurocode in LA...

... expecting new options in the Fall. Love the car, hate the piped in sounds (although with three previous S-Cars, I have become used to it).

Congrats on a beautiful color combo...

Happy Motoring

Eric
Old 06-19-2017, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a hot combination and what my wife and I are now wanting after seeing a few different S5's in person! We were previously at White exterior with Red interior,
but recently changed to wanting Black exterior.

Only issue is that here in Houston, we need the Warm Weather package, and Audi doesn't offer the perforated leather seats in Red! So, I think we may end up going with custom leather through the dealership. Still debating between ordering or locating one. The Warm Weather is going to be hard to find unless it is in the Southern USA.....

I'm planning on doing exhaust as well, so keeping an eye on this thread.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

"piped in sounds"? Are you speaking of the 18 S5?

Originally Posted by eric strauss
... expecting new options in the Fall. Love the car, hate the piped in sounds (although with three previous S-Cars, I have become used to it).

Congrats on a beautiful color combo...

Happy Motoring

Eric
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes, all of the modern S-cars have supplemental sound...

Originally Posted by Quattrings
"piped in sounds"? Are you speaking of the 18 S5?
... provided via the stereo. Its nearly universal.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

According to Audi, there are no piped in sounds on the B9, at least if we are speaking of the stereo. There was a discussion about this by the N.A. Audi rep and how Audi uses the windshield to reveberate the natural sounds of the engine. No manipulated audio exhaust sounds though.

Originally Posted by eric strauss
... provided via the stereo. Its nearly universal.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Quattrings
According to Audi, there are no piped in sounds on the B9, at least if we are speaking of the stereo. There was a discussion about this by the N.A. Audi rep and how Audi uses the windshield to reveberate the natural sounds of the engine. No manipulated audio exhaust sounds though.

the A5 has speaker assisted sound. The S5 is not. It's completely original sound
Old 06-21-2017, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sorry about that - my bad

Originally Posted by saxplayer
the A5 has speaker assisted sound. The S5 is not. It's completely original sound
Read the data on A5, asked a salesman and he agreed also for S5; however, two additional sources have confirmed no synthesized sound - that's a good thing.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shame they don't offer the performance exhaust. The S5 competitors do (C43 and 440).

Quick Reply: Black/Red S5 SB - Questions about exhaust