Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Bluetooth and CarPlay/Android Auto Audio lower

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Bluetooth and CarPlay/Android Auto Audio lower

My car seems to play music from Bluetooth, or Android Auto at a much softer volume than versus XM Radio despite it being at the same volume level. My phone setting is maxed out for audio when connected so that isn't the case. Is anyone experiencing the same issue and if so, did anyone find a fix for it? I did search the forum and found the same topic discussed in the A4 B9 but no resolution for it.

I do not mind turning up the dial to hear it better, it's more the fact that when I turn off my car and start it the next time when it's set to XM radio, it is extremely loud due to me turning up the dial.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

With the B&O system, you can set the tone characteristics of each input — but not the individual input levels, which is what’s causing that situation. I find it very annoying when switching from hi-res music on the SD-Card I use to the XM tuner. I have to remember to adjust the volume fader way down before switching the input to the XM tuner or I fear destroying a mid-bass driver.

This should be an improvement suggestion in the “What would you like to see in the next generation Audi.”

— John
Old 04-08-2019, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
With the B&O system, you can set the tone characteristics of each input — but not the individual input levels, which is what’s causing that situation. I find it very annoying when switching from hi-res music on the SD-Card I use to the XM tuner. I have to remember to adjust the volume fader way down before switching the input to the XM tuner or I fear destroying a mid-bass driver.

This should be an improvement suggestion in the “What would you like to see in the next generation Audi.”

— John
John, yeah that's what I noticed too, only tone characteristics. I agree it's very annoying as I'll be listening to something on Amazon Music/Pandora/Spotify, then decide to go back to XM Radio and the volume is just waaay too high.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by abiley84
John, yeah that's what I noticed too, only tone characteristics. I agree it's very annoying as I'll be listening to something on Amazon Music/Pandora/Spotify, then decide to go back to XM Radio and the volume is just waaay too high.
I have the same problem with the radio sources being significantly louder than the other sources for a similar volume level. I'm 100% positive that I could adjust the input volume on my B8.5 RS5 for the iPod connection, but not sure about anything else. Like Nikon1 said, I have to turn down the volume on my current source before switching back to the radio.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

— John
A bit of a tangent but I keep reading the best quality is to use the SD card and certain file formats. What's the source used and what format do you end up with? Lastly, which software do you use to convert it?
Old 04-09-2019, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

This applies to android phones, only:

There's a way to disable the volume nannies in "developer options". Firstly, you have to enable developer options. Then it's an easy matter to turn off the volume nanny. On Samsungs, to enable developer options:

Old 04-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by RoB9
A bit of a tangent but I keep reading the best quality is to use the SD card and certain file formats. What's the source used and what format do you end up with? Lastly, which software do you use to convert it?
Here's how I've done it and I'm still really happy with the end result: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post25049360
The following users liked this post:
Dirtyylicous (05-12-2022)