Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

BMC Hood is junk

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMC Hood is junk

Hey guys, I just wanted to leave a little review of BMC Extreme Customs in case any of you were considering buying one of their hoods or other products. I bought the hood and was told it would ship within a week or 2. Two weeks passed and no tracking number. I contacted the BMC and they emailed me a tracking number a few days later, which turned out to be a fake number they used to shut me up. After about a month of going back and forth with them I finally received the hood. It is supposed to be a direct replacement using original hardware but the factory windshield wiper nozzles do not fit, the bolts do not line up and it will not latch. To make it fit the hood hinges need to be modified and I also have to buy new nozzles that will fit. Also, the area around the trim piece broke off of the hood like it was made of potato chips. Trim installation was impossible without damage. I'm certain that if I left it alone and drove at 70mph it would have shattered on its own. I contacted BMC, told them about all of the quality issues, sent them dozens of pictures, remained polite (as hard as that was) and they are now refusing to respond. I had a horrible experience with this company and it's customer service. Total waste of my money and time. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do, I'm all ears. Until then I'll just make sure as many people as possible know that they sell high priced garbage.