Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Camera Top View on Parking Aid -- SOLVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
I am on the same boat and following the discussions... interestingly on my B9 Allroad it works flawlessly (different MMI version though).
Yeah, so I was all excited because it did remember the setting overnight .... but it reverted back to its old behavior again.

Off to the dealer tomorrow morning early to have them flash the TSB and, when that probably doesn't work, to escalate.

Fortunately I do know people at Audi so hopefully I can get their attention.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just browsing thru this post...I don't have an A5, but have a suggestion...

Is there a separate "Option Menu" for EACH Camera View (Front Corner, Front, Rear, Rear Corner)? If there is, maybe you need to change each one to Top View Camera in order for the system to default to Top View for EACH Camera View?
Old 09-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chucky0731
I'm just browsing thru this post...I don't have an A5, but have a suggestion...

Is there a separate "Option Menu" for EACH Camera View (Front Corner, Front, Rear, Rear Corner)? If there is, maybe you need to change each one to Top View Camera in order for the system to default to Top View for EACH Camera View?
It's not specific to each view and have tried changing that option while in different views, still no luck.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bhargav
It's not specific to each view and have tried changing that option while in different views, still no luck.
yep tried that too -- it's clearly some kind of software bug and we're all testing it for them. Like perhaps they could have tested this before issuing a TSB?
Old 09-19-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am having a problem with my 2018 Q7 and it every few days reverting to graphic.

First note - graphic is the only option for auto-activate when parking. I am not sure why they did that, and it drives me nuts, but that was a design choice and not a bug.

However, when going into reverse, it sometimes forgets that I had camera mode selected, and goes to graphic mode. I can go into options and re-select camera mode, and it will stay there for some time.

But it forgot yesterday, and again today. I have a theory that if you go into reverse too soon after starting the car, the camera system is not yet booted up/initialized, and so it uses graphic mode, and resets the memory to that.

Last edited by rsilvers129; 09-19-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Interesting theory on the actual bug. I'm going to see if that might be the case.

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
I am having a problem with my 2018 Q7 and it every few days reverting to graphic.

First note - graphic is the only option for auto-activate when parking. I am not sure why they did that, and it drives me nuts, but that was a design choice and not a bug.

However, when going into reverse, it sometimes forgets that I had camera mode selected, and goes to graphic mode. I can go into options and re-select camera mode, and it will stay there for some time.

But it forgot yesterday, and again today. I have a theory that if you go into reverse too soon after starting the car, the camera system is not yet booted up/initialized, and so it uses graphic mode, and resets the memory to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPXYORsrck
Old 09-19-2017, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a theory that if you go into reverse too soon after starting the car, the camera system is not yet booted up/initialized, and so it uses graphic mode, and resets the memory to that.
I've backed out of the garage fairly quick and never had the camera revert back to graphic. At times the system was initializing while reversing.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amademann
I've backed out of the garage fairly quick and never had the camera revert back to graphic. At times the system was initializing while reversing.
You mean to say your car is sticking to camera view and not defaulting to graphic view ?

If so, which year and model car do you have ?
Old 09-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPXYORsrck
There were cases when i took reverse after system initializes but camera view still changes to graphic.

I'm trying to find a pattern, but no luck so far. Only thing I know is it is not working for all 2018 models.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bhargav
You mean to say your car is sticking to camera view and not defaulting to graphic view ?

If so, which year and model car do you have ?
2018 S5 Prestigue

I reversed out quickly again this morning and all was fine when I went to use the camera to park the car.

I had the same issue initially, I played with the setting and it stuck. I’m pretty sure I did not try this while in reverse. And I’m certain I had to go through the car settings, not the setting shortcut from within Parking Assist. We’ve covered much of this in the other thread.

Quick Reply: Camera Top View on Parking Aid -- SOLVED!!!