Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Camera Top View on Parking Aid -- SOLVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amademann
2018 S5 Prestigue

I reversed out quickly again this morning and all was fine when I went to use the camera to park the car.

I had the same issue initially, I played with the setting and it stuck. I’m pretty sure I did not try this while in reverse. And I’m certain I had to go through the car settings, not the setting shortcut from within Parking Assist. We’ve covered much of this in the other thread.
2018 A4 Prestige. Did same thing, it stick for 2 days but is back to not working again !
Old 09-21-2017, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Hopefully Being Resolved as I Type

My dealer's service department has had my 2018 S5 Cab since last Friday. They have talked to the Audi Technical Services people and have decided to replace the "5F" module which controls the MMI. The part is now on order and with luck will arrive and be installed on Monday. When I've got the car back and confirmed the camera remains active whenever it is called upon, I will report back!
Old 09-21-2017, 12:44 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
My dealer's service department has had my 2018 S5 Cab since last Friday. They have talked to the Audi Technical Services people and have decided to replace the "5F" module which controls the MMI. The part is now on order and with luck will arrive and be installed on Monday. When I've got the car back and confirmed the camera remains active whenever it is called upon, I will report back!

My A5 hasn't had these issues (it was built the first week of May), I wonder if the problem can be tracked by build dates?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
My A5 hasn't had these issues (it was built the first week of May), I wonder if the problem can be tracked by build dates?
Probably - but easier through MMI software version #, no?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:10 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Probably - but easier through MMI software version #, no?
Excellent suggestion, I'll check mine when I get home (I don't drive the A5 during the weekdays).
Old 09-22-2017, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Fix?

Has anyone tried this series of events?

I only had the car on ACC when doing this.

1. Press the parking aid button
2. Press the + button
3. Remove the checkbox on activate automatically
4. Change the view from graphic to camera
5. Put the checkbox back on the activate automatically
6. Press the end system button

I did this last night and have started the car three separate times so far and it has stuck...... We'll see if it continues to stick.....

Last edited by pjvd; 09-22-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amademann
2018 S5 Prestigue

I reversed out quickly again this morning and all was fine when I went to use the camera to park the car.

I had the same issue initially, I played with the setting and it stuck. I’m pretty sure I did not try this while in reverse. And I’m certain I had to go through the car settings, not the setting shortcut from within Parking Assist. We’ve covered much of this in the other thread.

So do you have an option to change view when you go through vehicle settings -> drivers assistance -> parking aid ?
Old 09-22-2017, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bhargav
So do you have an option to change view when you go through vehicle settings -> drivers assistance -> parking aid ?
i just checked and the setting is not there. I guess I had to hit the Parkin aid button, then right on the MMI **** to enter the settings.

Last edited by amademann; 09-22-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Back to Square One

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
The new "5F" was installed and did not solve the problem. They are continuing to research the problem.

More as it develops.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Audi describes bug and work-around

This has just been sent to me from Audi in Germany:

"This concern is being investigated and will involve a SW update to correct. This concern occurs when the automatic Park Distance Control is activated and the forward view is displayed, (always a graphic view on right side of MMI) and then the vehicle being shut off. After a sleep cycle, the MMI stores the graphic view in memory. This also causes the setting in the MMI to change from camera to graphic view. To avoid this from happening, the customer would have to select reverse gear before shutting off the vehicle to force the overhead camera view to be displayed and incidentally stored in memory each time the vehicle is shut off during a PDC event. Make sure the setting in the MMI is set to camera before releasing the vehicle and advise the customer of the current operation and how to avoid the concern."

Audi advises there is no current time line for the SW solution for this concern at this time. Software can take 6 months or more to develop and release.

I'm going to try what they suggest now that they've described what the bug is and how it is triggered.

Quick Reply: Camera Top View on Parking Aid -- SOLVED!!!