AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Canadian allocation for SB (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/canadian-allocation-sb-2916547/)

Audi160 03-16-2017 10:22 PM

Canadian allocation for SB

Any word on allocations pertaining to S5 SB is ontario? I placed an order for a S5 SB around march 4th had was told that I'm on a waiting list. No updates since a then. It seems the dealership is waiting for allocations! How do these work and when are these announced?

JohnEnglish 03-17-2017 05:16 AM

The main corporate Audi dealer in Toronto (Audi Midtown) said they expecting about 5 S5 Sportbacks a month.

When my sister got her TTRS a few years ago she had to wait about 3 months before her order was confirmed in the system and then another 3 months for the car. So 6 months all together from the time her order was placed.

QballDS 03-17-2017 05:29 AM

My A5 SB is scheduled to be built first week of April, with delivery late May / early June. I placed my order in middle/late Feb in Toronto. So yeah, about 5 months from order to delivery if nothing goes wrong.

Mine should be one of the first that the dealership gets.

Sebast007 03-17-2017 07:18 AM

At my Audi dealer they only had two S5 SB on allocation. One of them will be mine. I dont know when they'll get new allocations. I would look around for other dealers that might have some left.

s5ecific 03-17-2017 01:16 PM

My dealer had 5 allocations, I got the last one in early March. ETA late June / early July. I asked for the detail order sheet to see the COMM# and on there the build date was blank. No success so far with the COMM# to get any additional date info.

YULS5SB 03-19-2017 04:55 PM

I've ordered my S5 sb January 19, literally the day after the canada order system was taking order in. I was told somewhere in May.

Patiently (or impatiently) waiting.

Audi160 03-22-2017 01:13 PM

K, so I just reached out to my sales person and it seems like my order is still on the waiting list. They are waiting for the April allocations. My order has been in for close to 3 weeks now. I ask him about the expected time frame for delivery and This is what he had to say "
At these point were trying for July/August delivery. Please keep in mind that the 1st ones are only to be released end of July. "

JohnEnglish 03-22-2017 02:37 PM

Like I said. It took my sister 3 months for order to be confirmed and 3 months for manufacture and delivery. A July/August delivery sounds correct.

s5ecific 03-22-2017 05:21 PM

I was getting nowhere with my dealer so I wrote to Audi directly. Note back said that the allocation production dates were supposed to be assigned today and that they are for a July delivery, which is in line with what the dealer originally said. I ordered around the same time as you.