Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Celebrating my Birthday with a new A5 SB and a leisurely drive...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and happy belated birthday. I’m getting the same except premium plus for my bday today.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great write up of a great story! Happy Birthday and enjoy the rest of your trip.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks all! It was a great trip. I made it home Sunday afternoon. Ended up stopping over in Sioux Falls for Avenged Sevenfold on Saturday night. Over 1500 + moles I had accumulated a bit of dirt/grime/salt and since it was a nice 40+ degree day in January I ran it through a quick no touch wash before the show. It looked great. I then hopped a lyft to the concert (dang thing may nearly drive itself, but I'm not about to drive anything after a few celebratory drinks!). So, I go to the show. It's forecast to be a no weather night and as I'm walking in stars are clearly visible. A few hours later, about midway through the second opener, I walk out to use the facilities and it's just shy of blizzarding outside!! Turns out it was freezing rain first and then snow. Ended up being 2-3 inches and, of course, had a nice crusted layer of ice/snow mix on my car. Temp dropped to around 5 degrees overnight so lucky me got to drive the last 180 miles home looking like a fast moving ice turd covered in Smurf pass (wiper fluid). Lol So when I got home I ran it through the second wash in less than 24 hours. Looks much better now. The dealership had done a ceramic coating on it and it flat amazes me how easy it cleans up compared to my truck. Takes me hours to detail and wax that behemoth. A pressure washer and a foam brush followed up by a couple of chamois' took care of the Audi in about 10 minutes. That is fantastic! :-)

I tackled the speaker grill buzz the other day. Popped the grill off ( was kind of surprised it was plastic and not metal) and applied some dynamat type stuff to the flat areas of the grill and dash surrounding the speaker openings. This has eliminated most of the buzz, but I still notice it in a few songs. I' m not entirely sure if it's resonance of the grill or some buzzing caused by the support legs on the bottom of the grill piece vibrating against the dash. I'm going to get some Acousticly transparent foam and cover the whole underside of the grill area. That should completely eliminate any vibration with out effecting the audio in any way. I've also noticed some buzz from other speakers, so I'll probably do the same to all the mid/woofer grills while I'm at it. By ND that, it still blows me away in terms of audio quality!

I also think I'm going to get the viper smart start installed. As I was warming it up the other day to defrost the windows, I noticed it flat wouldn't allow me to lock the vehicle while it was running. I did some reading and I see why, but this is a must have for me. I have me dogs with me a fair amount of the time and need to leave them in the vehicle from time to time with it running (either it's -30 below or 95 in the shade around here). I don't mind the auto stop/start feature so much,nut I need to ensure it stays running while the pups are in there. I also need to be able to lock it at the same time. Best method I've seen is to put the Viper auto start in it. As an added bonus, I've heard it sends the start/ lock commands to the vehicle much quicker than audi connect... And I can use it with Siri from my apple watch!

Once installed I'll report back with my findings. :-)