Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Congratulations to those bringing home their A5 SB's

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I have a feeling most of us on the forums would rather wait an order exactly what we want. We tend to be a little more picky and know a little more about the car than the average Audi customer walking into the dealer asking to look at the car.

My guess is that is why none (or very few) of us have the car in hand right now.
It is definitely true for me. At this point in my life I will only buy a car that has exactly what I want and nothing I do not want. Thus my A5 SB was ordered, just put into production this week and estimate delivery is early July.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Lack of patience is sometimes rewarded...

Saturday my dealer got in the exact car I would have ordered. Only thing I would change might be the aluminum, but I'm not sure for what!

More later when it's not raining!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks amazing!!! drive it safe
Old 04-25-2017, 08:34 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Aren't the lines of that thing so much -much-much better in person than in photos and videos?
Old 04-25-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

That's an awesome find. You were very lucky. Congratulations on your new car.

What an awesome looking car. It even still has the new white marking line from the factory on the tire tread...
Old 04-25-2017, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default You should feel how it drives too!

Originally Posted by N8!
Aren't the lines of that thing so much -much-much better in person than in photos and videos?
It looks amazing in person. I agree pictures don't do it justice. Drove it to work today for the first time. I am really amazed at how much they have packed into the car for the price. It's so lively and the handling beats anything I have driven before. For those who have one on order - you will not be disappointed! I am indeed a lucky man.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the old A5 Sportback '14 S-Line. And I will really miss the looks of it. It's a beauty. I have ordered a A4 Allroad now. I needed the higher ride.

But A5 Sportback will allways have a good place in my heart
Old 04-26-2017, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

Pictures don't do the A5 SportBack justice. I've spotted a few here in Frankfurt (currently visiting) and they are gorgeous! The perfect size, the perfect lines. Looks so sporty, even sportier than the Coupe. An absolute beauty. If it's fine, I'll post pictures of a few European model ones I've come across.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow! Those who have said pictures don't do the A5 sportback justice are very right. Just swung by the dealership to check one out as I wait for my order. Absolutely blown away by the shape and sculpture of this car. This one was monsoon gray, no s-line, with the base 18"s... and it still looked dang good. I've been fretting about my choice of rims (s-line 19s), but now I'm not even tripping.

Being in the design industry myself, I deeply care about the proportions of a car's exterior. With that, I have two big takeaways after seeing the SB and coupe next to each other.

1. The SB is more visually dynamic. How the lines continuously flow in the rear somehow keep the car in motion even when it's not moving.

2. The SB looks meaner. That added bulk in the back conveys a wider stance - making it appear more aggressive and powerful.

Don't get me wrong. The coupe is still gorgeous. Just really loving the SB right now.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks incredible!

Quick Reply: Congratulations to those bringing home their A5 SB's