Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Contemplating, but torn...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

S4Aero-
Just agree with them that you parked it there temporarily for the photo op.....
Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by S4Aero
This spot is actually at the end of a parking lot. The ramp you see is primarily for service staff. There is another designated handicapped access ramp adjacent to designated parking spots, and when necessary, I happily move my car. for service or guest access. Thanks for your concern!
Are you like the owner of this place?

I don't know about the others by the way, but it's not like I'm seriously upset over you parking there, just sayin'
Old 06-11-2019, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I still have a '13 S4, but the '14 RS5 now resides in the "former cars" category. After two weeks at the dealership, they had no service report to give me - ostensibly "fighting with Audi" about warranty coverage. Frankly, I think it's just as likely that they couldn't duplicate that problem and and just gave me back the car until the next time. So, I've moved on. Audi blew it. They had the opportunity to take care of a long-term customer and didn't do it. I would have purchased a new RS5 if they had tried even a little.

So, here's the new car.

Hanging out waiting for the drive home from work...

This space used to have an RS5 parked in it.
I'm envious of you guys who live in climates that allow for a RWD car to be a daily driver. This past winter convinced EVERYONE in the midwest that you can't rely on only owning a RWD vehicle, unless you can access public transportation or afford Ubers on a regular basis. With 3 kids driving (even 2 away at college), don't have room to keep my ideal winter hauler-a 2002 3rd generation Toyota 4Runner.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by belzebutt

I don't know about the others by the way, but it's not like I'm seriously upset over you parking there, just sayin'
+!
Old 06-11-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Definitely not upset here either...just hate to see such a beautiful car vandalized by some jerk.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I wound't say I'm upset by the parking. The key word in my comment was inconveniencing others. Being that the service people / guests have to take extra time to hunt them down and wait for them to move their car before they can continue doing what they need to do is an inconvenience for them.

If you want to park at the far end of a parking lot across multiple spots to protect your car that's fine as long as there are plenty of open spaces for people to still park. Doing that in a full lot, not so much.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
I wound't say I'm upset by the parking. The key word in my comment was inconveniencing others. Being that the service people / guests have to take extra time to hunt them down and wait for them to move their car before they can continue doing what they need to do is an inconvenience for them.

If you want to park at the far end of a parking lot across multiple spots to protect your car that's fine as long as there are plenty of open spaces for people to still park. Doing that in a full lot, not so much.
Originally Posted by stanfna
Definitely not upset here either...just hate to see such a beautiful car vandalized by some jerk.
I'm the Chief Operating Office at the country club where it's parked. It's about the furthest spot away from the building that you can get. One of my servers parks on the passenger side to protect it from dings. She actually drives one of my former Audi's. Believe me, I am very conscious of handicapped spots. My wife has MS. Whenever we have an event on the park you see near the ramp, I move.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Well, on the bright side — now when people are inconvenienced by the car, the people will say “Typical douchebag Mercedes owner” instead of “douchebag Audi owner!”

’Just sayin’

John
Old 06-11-2019, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Well, on the bright side — now when people are inconvenienced by the car, the people will say “Typical douchebag Mercedes owner” instead of “douchebag Audi owner!”

’Just sayin’

John
I've been called worse!
Old 06-11-2019, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hello fellow fanatics! I'm a long time Audi owner ('01 S4, 03 A4, 2006 RS4, 2013 S4, 2014 RS5), the last two of which still reside in my garage. I am thinking about trading in the RS on a new RS5 - partly because of an ongoing "mystery issue" (see fuel pump thread) and partly because my lovely bride has given me "permission". Frankly, she's concerned about getting stranded. So, here's the rub; I really like my current car - I'm a bit worried about the reliability, too, but there's something about that 4.2L V8 that makes me smile every time I start it up (if it starts). So, I'm asking for opinions more than advice. Who's made a similar swap? Happy with the change? What do you think?
Don't qualify to respond as I didn't own a 2015 RS5, but have read knowledgeable reviews over the years leading up to my decision to buy a 2018 RS5 Coupe. From Motor Trend, Car & Driver, Edmunds, Road & Track etal, there seems to be the unanimous feeling of advantages for the 2018 in almost every important area, with the exception of the sound of the 2.9 TTV6 vs the 2015 4.2 V8:
-equivalent HP (444) for the 2018 vs. 450 for the 2015 V8 with a weight advantage (37 lbs less) and better fuel economy.
-HUGE advantage (40%) in torque: 443 lb ft. for the 2018 vs 316 for the 2015. All of that available at 1900 RPM vs 4000 RPM for the 2015).
-I like this: 0-60 at 3.5 (2018) vs 4.3 for the 2015. Can make a difference entering a 70 mph freeway from a standstill at the bottom of an entrance ramp.
-0-100 mph: 8.8 seconds for the 2018 vs 10.4 seconds for the 2015. Again, maybe not all the way to 100 mph, but the need to jump on a freeway with a narrow merge and traffic averaging 70-75 mph.
-Torque Vectoring Rear Differential. So valuable in sleet/ice/snow.
-Overall upgraded transmission, Quattro AWD, brakes, electronic & safety systems-these are a function of time passing as opposed to a lack of inclusion for the 2015.

For a DD, the immediate ability to merge into high speed traffic is essential, as is an AWD vehicle in the midwest. My experience with my 2012 A7 was excellent, so I was definitely in the camp of a return customer.

Quick Reply: Contemplating, but torn...