Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

The Day the A5 Beat an RS5

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts
Default The Day the A5 Beat an RS5

I was excited to see a white 2019 RS5 Sportback on the road yesterday. It’s the first time I’ve seen one out in the wild and it looked amazing. I came up upon him and followed for several miles, until he made a bad move and changed lanes, thinking he could overcome a slow left lane driver, that didn’t pan out. As I came along side him, I’m thinking cool, I can give him a head nod, wave and then back off and let him get back in front of me...well he didn’t even acknowledge my existence, so I hit the accelerator and zoomed off into the sunset, while watching him grow smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. I am guessing that he’s not a forum member, or at least active here, but you should always wave/acknowledge your fellow Sportback friends!
Old 04-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
I was excited to see a white 2019 RS5 Sportback on the road yesterday. It’s the first time I’ve seen one out in the wild and it looked amazing. I came up upon him and followed for several miles, until he made a bad move and changed lanes, thinking he could overcome a slow left lane driver, that didn’t pan out. As I came along side him, I’m thinking cool, I can give him a head nod, wave and then back off and let him get back in front of me...well he didn’t even acknowledge my existence, so I hit the accelerator and zoomed off into the sunset, while watching him grow smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. I am guessing that he’s not a forum member, or at least active here, but you should always wave/acknowledge your fellow Sportback friends!
Even more so the "Brotherhood of Coupe" Owners!
Old 04-07-2019, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Even more so the "Brotherhood of Coupe" Owners!
It is always enjoyable when I see a coupe. They still look pretty dang great and I wanted one for a few years prior to getting the SB. Good looking cars, they are. Always turn my head.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

It is always enjoyable when I see a coupe. They still look pretty dang great and I wanted one for a few years prior to getting the SB. Good looking cars, they are. Always turn my head.
I always try to acknowledge one when I see it but here in the Mid-Atlantic, they are pretty rare or they are driven by people who wouldn't think of joining a forum -- and display that disdain on their sleeves.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

There is another S5 SB at my work gym and several A5 SBs in the work parking garage, so I frequently see fellow owners. I don't think I've seen an RS5 yet in the wild though.

Last edited by JD15; 04-07-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
I always try to acknowledge one when I see it but here in the Mid-Atlantic, they are pretty rare or they are driven by people who wouldn't think of joining a forum -- and display that disdain on their sleeves.
Fellow mid atlantic guy here! I'd love to wave if i ever see you around
Old 04-07-2019, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

With that logic, I beat a 2nd gen. Acura NSX on the highway the other day.

My guess is that the RS5 driver either did not want to street race you or he or she has already gotten enough speed tickets already.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man

My guess is that the RS5 driver either did not want to street race you or he or she has already gotten enough speed tickets already.
I took down a Bugatti in the middle of rush hour.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man

No racing involved, just 70-80 mph, which was the normal flow of traffic on this highway. Also, was going for levity vs seriousness because clearly a RS5 would run laps around an A5
Old 04-07-2019, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

was going for levity vs seriousness
dont quit your day job

Quick Reply: The Day the A5 Beat an RS5