AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Dealer verification for Audi Connect (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/dealer-verification-audi-connect-2967064/)

Gupta_amit 02-11-2019 06:46 AM

Dealer verification for Audi Connect

i started the process to use that MyAudi app and it made me register the VIN number and submit some other details...after which a dealer verification document was sent to me via email, presumably to take to the dealership and have them confirm that I’m the rightful person. Question, can I do this at any dealer or only the one where we got it from ?

stanfna 02-11-2019 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Gupta_amit (Post 25274816)
i started the process to use that MyAudi app and it made me register the VIN number and submit some other details...after which a dealer verification document was sent to me via email, presumably to take to the dealership and have them confirm that I’m the rightful person. Question, can I do this at any dealer or only the one where we got it from ?

you can do this at any dealer. I actually did it this past weekend for the Q7 I bought my wife. The issue is that you then need to enter a 10 digit code from some plastic thing that was attached to the 2nd key when new. Since we bought ours used, we did not get that. the parts department said i have to order a new one and it was over $100. i declined since my wife said she probably wouldn't use the app anyways.

If my info is incorrect, please let me know. I really would like to have access to the app.

thanks

wam22 02-11-2019 10:37 AM

If you bought the car new, your sales person should have set this up. The car should come with a key tag with a scratch off which needs to be inputted into the car once your profile is confirmed. If you bought the car used, it is about $125 to get a new one. Either way, if you bought it at an Audi dealer, have your sales person assist you in setting it up. When I worked for Audi we were required to set it up for new cars and it was a big deal if we did not. If you try to bring it to a different dealer, the response will be to contact the dealer you bought the car from. It is a pain in the ass to set up and a sales person who did not sell you the car will have no interest in helping.

Also confirm that the car has navigation with audi connect prime/plus. If your car does not have navigation, then you do not get the Audi Connect features.

Ajax1900 02-13-2019 07:57 AM

Just an FYI, my dealership did it via email, in case you don’t want to make the trip in person.

Jimminez@Nemesis 02-13-2019 09:35 AM

As others have said, can be done over the phone or email with your sales guy. Mine did my RS5 and also helped with my Q7.

stanfna 02-13-2019 09:44 AM

For those of us who bought our vehicles used, is there any other way to get the key tag with the 10 digit code other than paying $125 and ordering it through the parts department? thanks.

johncaravello 02-13-2019 12:19 PM

My A5 was CPO and the dealer provided me with a new unscratched code tag. I was also able to get the 6 month free Audi connect prime/plus trial. If bought from Audi ask your dealer again.

stanfna 02-13-2019 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by johncaravello (Post 25276126)
My A5 was CPO and the dealer provided me with a new unscratched code tag. I was also able to get the 6 month free Audi connect prime/plus trial. If bought from Audi ask your dealer again.

Thanks, unfortunately it is not a CPO.