Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Dealer verification for Audi Connect

Old 02-11-2019, 06:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Dealer verification for Audi Connect

i started the process to use that MyAudi app and it made me register the VIN number and submit some other details...after which a dealer verification document was sent to me via email, presumably to take to the dealership and have them confirm that Iím the rightful person. Question, can I do this at any dealer or only the one where we got it from ?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gupta_amit View Post
i started the process to use that MyAudi app and it made me register the VIN number and submit some other details...after which a dealer verification document was sent to me via email, presumably to take to the dealership and have them confirm that Iím the rightful person. Question, can I do this at any dealer or only the one where we got it from ?
you can do this at any dealer. I actually did it this past weekend for the Q7 I bought my wife. The issue is that you then need to enter a 10 digit code from some plastic thing that was attached to the 2nd key when new. Since we bought ours used, we did not get that. the parts department said i have to order a new one and it was over $100. i declined since my wife said she probably wouldn't use the app anyways.

If my info is incorrect, please let me know. I really would like to have access to the app.

thanks
Old 02-11-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you bought the car new, your sales person should have set this up. The car should come with a key tag with a scratch off which needs to be inputted into the car once your profile is confirmed. If you bought the car used, it is about $125 to get a new one. Either way, if you bought it at an Audi dealer, have your sales person assist you in setting it up. When I worked for Audi we were required to set it up for new cars and it was a big deal if we did not. If you try to bring it to a different dealer, the response will be to contact the dealer you bought the car from. It is a pain in the *** to set up and a sales person who did not sell you the car will have no interest in helping.

Also confirm that the car has navigation with audi connect prime/plus. If your car does not have navigation, then you do not get the Audi Connect features.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just an FYI, my dealership did it via email, in case you donít want to make the trip in person.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

As others have said, can be done over the phone or email with your sales guy. Mine did my RS5 and also helped with my Q7.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

For those of us who bought our vehicles used, is there any other way to get the key tag with the 10 digit code other than paying $125 and ordering it through the parts department? thanks.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

My A5 was CPO and the dealer provided me with a new unscratched code tag. I was also able to get the 6 month free Audi connect prime/plus trial. If bought from Audi ask your dealer again.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by johncaravello View Post
My A5 was CPO and the dealer provided me with a new unscratched code tag. I was also able to get the 6 month free Audi connect prime/plus trial. If bought from Audi ask your dealer again.
Thanks, unfortunately it is not a CPO.