Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Deer =1, A5 = 0

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Ouch! Tough break.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caused $8k worth of damage. The deer also bounced along the driver's side and dented/scratch both doors. Fixed by a local Audi Certified repair shop. It took them about 2 weeks. They did an acceptable job but I see more lint/defects in the paint than I think it should have. Also there seems to be slight orange peel effect if you look closely. I know I'm kind of picky though.

The deer died and noboby in the car was hurt. I was only going about 35 mph. I've been driving for 40 yrs and this is my first accident.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by SCBuckeye
Caused $8k worth of damage. The deer also bounced along the driver's side and dented/scratch both doors. Fixed by a local Audi Certified repair shop. It took them about 2 weeks. They did an acceptable job but I see more lint/defects in the paint than I think it should have. Also there seems to be slight orange peel effect if you look closely. I know I'm kind of picky though.

The deer died and noboby in the car was hurt. I was only going about 35 mph. I've been driving for 40 yrs and this is my first accident.
Insurance does not consider deer hit as accident - you should not either. So you have a perfect driving record so far.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SCBuckeye

You have a picture of the repair? I would call your insurance and let them know your dissatisfaction with the repair unless you are fine with it.