Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Deer 2, RS5 0

Old 05-10-2019, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
Control arms ride sensors and front bumper lower spoiler a couple more things I forgot what they said.
I think I’d be more pissed at this damage then the deer hit. Totally unnecessary,. Caused by incompetence.

Sorry for the inconvenience but as others have said, your ok. I think I’d wait for the 2020, make lemonade out of lemons.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS5
I think I’d be more pissed at this damage then the deer hit. Totally unnecessary,. Caused by incompetence.

Sorry for the inconvenience but as others have said, your ok. I think I’d wait for the 2020, make lemonade out of lemons.
+1

The Outback is pretty nice. The H6 is pretty peppy and the touring trim is great. It was my #2 on the list behind the A5.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld
+1

The Outback is pretty nice. The H6 is pretty peppy and the touring trim is great. It was my #2 on the list behind the A5.
The outback is a standard 2.5 it’s a lease. Only bought because of the cheap lease payment $190. Cheaper than my cell phone. $1200 down. Hueburger Subaru is the largest Subaru dealer in America and they are right here in Colorado Springs. So they offer great lease rates on new Subaru’s.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
As a counterpoint, the body shop my dealer recommended was top notch. Can't tell my car was ever damaged. Have recommended multiple people to this dealership with great results.

Could be a fluke.
My dealer does the mechanical stuff, but their recommendation for body work was to a very hard to find, but extremely busy shop, working exclusively on high end German cars. There's literally no way a person could find them without a referral and a very good map app. The guys were highly motivated, skilled, personable, polite and knew their stuff beyond what you'd ever find at a dealer body shop. 30 consecutive years at the same location, a shop floor that looked like a Sloan-Kettering operating theater, pics emailed during the repair process, including the OEM part boxes with shipping information. 5 star Google/Yelp reviews. They even had Enterprise drive the rental car to me at their place, to save me being shuttled. I don't think the experience and craftsman knowledge gleaned over years of working on a few specific brands can be duplicated by a major dealer bodyshop.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT-S4
BTW, I wonder, do modern accident avoidance systems in so many modern cars, actually activate when small animals are in the road path?
What about people?
The other day a lemming staring into her phone walked out into the street, maybe 20 feet in front of me. I was doing about 20, and pre-sense (2018 S5 with everything) went full brake a fraction of a second ahead of me. The situation didn't demand it, but the slight chirp of the tires was enough to make her glance up from Instagram and go wide-eyed. Just a few weeks earlier another woman got golfed good at that exact same spot, and almost didn't make it. The way pedestrians are in this city, I definitely don't mind having that system overreact once in a while.
The following users liked this post:
TT-S4 (03-08-2021)
Old 05-18-2019, 07:16 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by cwmk
The other day a lemming staring into her phone walked out into the street, maybe 20 feet in front of me. I was doing about 20, and pre-sense (2018 S5 with everything) went full brake a fraction of a second ahead of me. The situation didn't demand it, but the slight chirp of the tires was enough to make her glance up from Instagram and go wide-eyed. Just a few weeks earlier another woman got golfed good at that exact same spot, and almost didn't make it. The way pedestrians are in this city, I definitely don't mind having that system overreact once in a while.
X2 — too damn many lemmings today! Maybe is where the Darwin Proposition comes into play. Just not on the front of my Audi, please.

— John

Search this Thread