Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Door rattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KarKid
It's been raining hard since yesterday and with the 18' winter tires @ 36psi, the S5 is like a different car now. Soft and I don't feel the imperfection of the road condition as much. Needless to say, the buzzing noise is almost non-existence. I may reconsider running at the lower PSI with the summer tires next spring. I think it was set at 41psi by the dealership.
I had my winter 19" tires put on last week and they put 46 psi in the tires. It road like a brick.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GlacierS5
I too had the same issue with the buzzing rattling noise (Driver Side). Took it to the dealership and they replaced a few clips that had some play. They even placed felt material as a buffer. After a week, the noise returned and this time it's more noticeable. Next week she's going back in. Will let them know what others have tried/noticed as a possible fix and see what they say. Will report back later.
Perfect let us know. I am sure each dealer just does what ever they can to try and fix the buzz, that's why I'm reluctant to take it in.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The annoying intermittent rattles are now my biggest issue with my new S5. I've got rattles coming from the rear deck, and both doors. It has been back in to the dealer once already for this and will need to go back again soon.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 3cat
I had my winter 19" tires put on last week and they put 46 psi in the tires. It road like a brick.
ouch! When I switch back to summer tires next spring, I am going to run 38 all around. At most, it's just me and my wife in the car. Kids would rather drive than ride in the back seats with me!
Old 12-16-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I too had the same issue with the buzzing rattling noise (Driver Side). Took it to the dealership and they replaced a few clips that had some play. They even placed felt material as a buffer. After a week, the noise returned and this time it's more noticeable. Next week she's going back in. Will let them know what others have tried/noticed as a possible fix and see what they say. Will report back later.
I dropped her off at the dealership a couple of days ago. Yesterday, they double checked and torque all suspension nuts/bolts as a process of elimination. Went on a road test with the shop foreman, but the noise is still there. Today, they decided to order a new door panel. So hopefully this will fix the issue. Another 6 – 7 days with the loaner
Old 12-16-2017, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I dropped her off at the dealership a couple of days ago. Yesterday, they double checked and torque all suspension nuts/bolts as a process of elimination. Went on a road test with the shop foreman, but the noise is still there. Today, they decided to order a new door panel. So hopefully this will fix the issue. Another 6 – 7 days with the loaner
why not take your car back and just come back for the door panel swap when it comes in?
Old 12-16-2017, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stan23
why not take your car back and just come back for the door panel swap when it comes in?
I love driving, but I also love low miles on my ride Besides I have my other cars that I can start spending some quality time.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love driving, but I also love low miles on my ride Besides I have my other cars that I can start spending some quality time.
I wonder if this is a problem with the sports suspension combined with low profile tires. This makes me think twice about buying an A5 spoertback. Love the car and the options, and have visited the dealer twice, but have not pulled the trigger.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know of three S5 coupes all have the same passenger door rattle issue with Audi Seattle. SA had told me that swapping out door panel did not work.. maybe someone here had the door panel replaced and it worked for them?
Old 08-03-2018, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wow... glad I'm not the only one. Very odd though that my 18 S5 SB did not have any rattles/vibrations but now my 18 RS5 does. Disappointing.

Quick Reply: Door rattle