Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Driver Assisstance Package - must have?

Old 08-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Assisstance Package - must have?

Before throwing this in the personal preferences bin, please understand my 2 choices-
I will be purchasing an S5 Sportback in Mythos black w/:
-Prestige
-S Sport
-19" wheels
-Black or Red Fine Nappa
and I have 2 local dealerships with one car with and one without the Driver Assisstance package. For those that have it, how much do you use it/enjoy it, and are there any unwritten perks that it brings to the table. I understand the ACC and emergency braking.
Thanks so much for any input!
Old 08-10-2017, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I have an S5 without the drivers assist package. I took delivery of a car that was already in production so it was either take it our wait an extra 2 months for a new order. At first I thought I missed not having DA now a month later I forgot it was even an option.
If you want it I say get it, It's only a small amount of money in the big picture.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Drivers Assistance was one of the reasons I special ordered the car. I always hate when cruise control is on and the car in front of me slows down. With DAP not only will it slow down, it will handle stop and go traffic on the freeway and keep the car in the lane too. How cool is that?
Old 08-10-2017, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sign recognition with the HUD is something i use the most. I've tried the traffic assist and lane assist a few times. Traffic assists sucks due to the nature of how people take the space between you and the car in front. I'd pay for a feature with faster response to close those gaps.

No regrets in purchasing the package.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 3cat
If you want it I say get it, It's only a small amount of money in the big picture...
THIS...times 1 million percent. I felt the same way about dynamic steering but added it anyway.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's really great in stop and go NorCal traffic. Just drove home from the airport and its so nice not to have to keep your feet on the brake and gas. It does take getting used to though. At times it can be far to safe and scare the heck out of you when it takes over.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I wish I had it for the sign recognition to go with my HUD
Old 08-11-2017, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by WilliamJake
Before throwing this in the personal preferences bin, please understand my 2 choices-
I will be purchasing an S5 Sportback in Mythos black w/:
-Prestige
-S Sport
-19" wheels
-Black or Red Fine Nappa
and I have 2 local dealerships with one car with and one without the Driver Assisstance package. For those that have it, how much do you use it/enjoy it, and are there any unwritten perks that it brings to the table. I understand the ACC and emergency braking.
Thanks so much for any input!
Re-sale value (if not in $ terms, ease of selling the car).
Old 08-11-2017, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for the HUD. Never expected it to be as important for me as it is, but this car picks up speed so easily that it's great having the speed displayed right out front. Will probably save me from a lot of tickets, haha
Old 08-11-2017, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amademann
Sign recognition with the HUD is something i use the most. I've tried the traffic assist and lane assist a few times. Traffic assists sucks due to the nature of how people take the space between you and the car in front. I'd pay for a feature with faster response to close those gaps.

No regrets in purchasing the package.
+1. what he said!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver Assisstance Package - must have?