Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

DSG service 40K miles or how much time?

Old 12-09-2018, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DSG service 40K miles or how much time?

I saw the schedule for S-Tronic on the audiusa link posted before. It says ATF change at 40K but it does not mention a time interval. Any ideas of when it should happen if the 40k takes a long time to hit (8+ years). I am trying to figure out if it would be included in AudiCare in a car with few miles.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

The frequency of the Audicare services is supposed to be 1 year or 10,000 miles, so the DSG service should occur after a maximum of four years.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Anybody know how much it cost to change the fluid on an Audi DCT? I know on a Porsche, they charge an arm and a leg for the transmission service.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The PDF seems vague

Originally Posted by JD15
The frequency of the Audicare services is supposed to be 1 year or 10,000 miles, so the DSG service should occur after a maximum of four years.
The items that have miles OR time are indicated as such ( like the spark plugs ). The DSG only indicates miles. So, I would be careful if we are all making the assumption that Audicare will include the DSG service at 40K miles or 4 years.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Costasz
The items that have miles OR time are indicated as such ( like the spark plugs ). The DSG only indicates miles. So, I would be careful if we are all making the assumption that Audicare will include the DSG service at 40K miles or 4 years.
That would suck if the case, as a DSG that has been driven primarily in the city will have less miles but will be even more in need of a fluid change compared to one that has been driven on the highway. Your message is well taken, however, as we all know Audi will certainly use any loopholes available to minimize service costs. The inclusion or exclusion of the DSG service changes the value proposition of Audicare dramatically.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would say that is true, a DSG fluid change will probably be in order of 30 to 50% of the Audi care's total cost.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:39 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I would say that is true, a DSG fluid change will probably be in order of 30 to 50% of the Audi care's total cost.
+1 and specifically why they mark "Mileage based only"
Old 12-11-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you think about it though, this is unfair to the low-mileage Audi driver. A high mileage driver will hit the 40K before AudiCare is used up. A low-mileage driver won't. So, definitely not something that Audi should/would be doing intentionally. Maybe if it's brought to their attention they will adjust the schedule in the pdf. I am definitely inquiring before purchasing AudiCare.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Costasz
If you think about it though, this is unfair to the low-mileage Audi driver. A high mileage driver will hit the 40K before AudiCare is used up. A low-mileage driver won't. So, definitely not something that Audi should/would be doing intentionally. Maybe if it's brought to their attention they will adjust the schedule in the pdf. I am definitely inquiring before purchasing AudiCare.
I highly doubt they will adjust it. Unless you can get the dealer/AoA to have it in writing that they will do the flush, I doubt they will.

I have intentions of keeping my allroad very low mileage when I have it. Roughly 3k miles a year. I will be purchasing Audi care, but I'm annoyed that I won't be able to get the flush at the interval specified for it.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

According to this website, tranny fluid change, air filter, coolant flush and brakes are not included in Audi care but battery, spark plugs, brake flush and HVAC filters are covered.

https://www.audimv.com/audi-care-plan_.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DSG service 40K miles or how much time?