DSG service 40K miles or how much time? - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

DSG service 40K miles or how much time?

Old 12-09-2018, 11:29 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 261
Default DSG service 40K miles or how much time?

I saw the schedule for S-Tronic on the audiusa link posted before. It says ATF change at 40K but it does not mention a time interval. Any ideas of when it should happen if the 40k takes a long time to hit (8+ years). I am trying to figure out if it would be included in AudiCare in a car with few miles.
Costasz is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 12:53 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
JD15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,366
Default

The frequency of the Audicare services is supposed to be 1 year or 10,000 miles, so the DSG service should occur after a maximum of four years.
JD15 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:56 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,831
Default

Anybody know how much it cost to change the fluid on an Audi DCT? I know on a Porsche, they charge an arm and a leg for the transmission service.
The G Man is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:03 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 261
Default The PDF seems vague

Originally Posted by JD15 View Post
The frequency of the Audicare services is supposed to be 1 year or 10,000 miles, so the DSG service should occur after a maximum of four years.
The items that have miles OR time are indicated as such ( like the spark plugs ). The DSG only indicates miles. So, I would be careful if we are all making the assumption that Audicare will include the DSG service at 40K miles or 4 years.
Costasz is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:17 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
JD15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,366
Default

Originally Posted by Costasz View Post
The items that have miles OR time are indicated as such ( like the spark plugs ). The DSG only indicates miles. So, I would be careful if we are all making the assumption that Audicare will include the DSG service at 40K miles or 4 years.
That would suck if the case, as a DSG that has been driven primarily in the city will have less miles but will be even more in need of a fluid change compared to one that has been driven on the highway. Your message is well taken, however, as we all know Audi will certainly use any loopholes available to minimize service costs. The inclusion or exclusion of the DSG service changes the value proposition of Audicare dramatically.
JD15 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:07 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,831
Default

I would say that is true, a DSG fluid change will probably be in order of 30 to 50% of the Audi care's total cost.
The G Man is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:39 AM
  #7  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 615
Default

Originally Posted by The G Man
I would say that is true, a DSG fluid change will probably be in order of 30 to 50% of the Audi care's total cost.
+1 and specifically why they mark "Mileage based only"
Allroading17 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:57 AM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 261
Default

If you think about it though, this is unfair to the low-mileage Audi driver. A high mileage driver will hit the 40K before AudiCare is used up. A low-mileage driver won't. So, definitely not something that Audi should/would be doing intentionally. Maybe if it's brought to their attention they will adjust the schedule in the pdf. I am definitely inquiring before purchasing AudiCare.
Costasz is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 09:06 AM
  #9  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 615
Default

Originally Posted by Costasz
If you think about it though, this is unfair to the low-mileage Audi driver. A high mileage driver will hit the 40K before AudiCare is used up. A low-mileage driver won't. So, definitely not something that Audi should/would be doing intentionally. Maybe if it's brought to their attention they will adjust the schedule in the pdf. I am definitely inquiring before purchasing AudiCare.
I highly doubt they will adjust it. Unless you can get the dealer/AoA to have it in writing that they will do the flush, I doubt they will.


I have intentions of keeping my allroad very low mileage when I have it. Roughly 3k miles a year. I will be purchasing Audi care, but I'm annoyed that I won't be able to get the flush at the interval specified for it.
Allroading17 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 10:05 AM
  #10  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,831
Default

According to this website, tranny fluid change, air filter, coolant flush and brakes are not included in Audi care but battery, spark plugs, brake flush and HVAC filters are covered.

https://www.audimv.com/audi-care-plan_.htm
The G Man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DSG service 40K miles or how much time?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: