Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

DT Power - New Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interested. With the power control tuner how does this play at higher speeds? I feel like the power band is not as noticeable at higher speeds (70mph full throttle)? I dont have any issue with the torque curve and acceleration at lower speeds, but it seems to fade at higher speeds in stock form. Really just looking for “seat of your pants” differences.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Goeddgr
Very interested. With the power control tuner how does this play at higher speeds? I feel like the power band is not as noticeable at higher speeds (70mph full throttle)? I dont have any issue with the torque curve and acceleration at lower speeds, but it seems to fade at higher speeds in stock form. Really just looking for “seat of your pants” differences.
All I can say it’s the difference is noticeable, overwhelmingly positively reviewed and in my opinion, essential. The seat of the pants feel is definitely there.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the TCU tune with the box and all I can say is that the gear changes are much smoother. I run a file from Aaron with more boost and that tends to give erratic/choppy gear changes at partial throttle so I could only use that file at the track on full throttle. Now with the tcu tune it is a lot smoother so I can now drive that file on the street. This weekend I will do some testing at the track and we will see if I can beat my best time of 11.89@115 that was done without the tcu tune. I know the product is not advertise as something that will make the car faster but if it does, it will be double bonus. Great product!
Old 09-14-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Aaron, so the tune simply plugs into the OBD port and you shoot the tune from your cell phone to the unit? There is
no piggy back Hardware or anything ? Also, the website says that the S4/5 models will have numbers of ...
  • Dyno proven 410 crank HP / 462 Crank Torque
Can you confirm that those numbers are correct. That’s a nice gain of ~50HP and ~100TQ. I would love to do a tune on my S5, and I’ve heard good things about this unit. What’s funny, is that I really enjoy the power delivery and feel of my S5, the turbo engine makes it fun, maybe a little more than my Hellcat, which is hard to enjoy on roads around here, because you need so much road to bang through gears.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

TCU tune through OBD port. Power upgrade with a box and harness but it's DIY easy.

@mtlquattro looj forwar to your weekend reports gl
Old 09-15-2018, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for that info.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NJSRT
Aaron, so the tune simply plugs into the OBD port and you shoot the tune from your cell phone to the unit? There is
no piggy back Hardware or anything ? Also, the website says that the S4/5 models will have numbers of ...
  • Dyno proven 410 crank HP / 462 Crank Torque
Can you confirm that those numbers are correct. That’s a nice gain of ~50HP and ~100TQ. I would love to do a tune on my S5, and I’ve heard good things about this unit. What’s funny, is that I really enjoy the power delivery and feel of my S5, the turbo engine makes it fun, maybe a little more than my Hellcat, which is hard to enjoy on roads around here, because you need so much road to bang through gears.
The powercontrol is a piggyback tuner. This plugs into various sensors under the hood and is controlled by a piggyback module. You can access the module to make changes in the mapping from your phone via bluetooth.

The power gains are dyno proven and correct. I have personally had the car on the dyno and you can see the review I wrote before I went in to business selling these. I believe the links are in the main post but you can also find them here. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...eview-2928574/

The TCU+ Transmission tuner does plug into the OBDII port and the tune process is is pretty simple. This changes the power delivery and shift settings to make a decent setup even better. The two work well hand in hand.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any chance you have anything coming out for the A5?
Old 09-16-2018, 06:29 AM
Banned

I do actually. I have a version of everything here that works on the A5.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any dyno's of this intake?

Quick Reply: DT Power - New Products