Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

DT Power - New Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For anyone interested, just wanted to add that I installed the DT power intake yesterday, and it sounds bloody AMAZING. Easily the best dollar to smile ratio I've spent on the car so far. Completely opens up the turbo sound. I will add that it's probably not for everyone, though... because its LOUD. It's pretty quiet under 20% throttle, but opens up rapidly after that (as you would expect). Has a LOUD blow-off type sound on throttle lift. If you like your S5 to stay sounding subtle, this isn't for you, but if you want to hear turbo performing, I recommend it 100%.

Install was about a casual hour and a half accompanied by music and a couple beers. Could easily do it in 30 if you were in a hurry and knew what you were doing.

My only issue was there were no directions in the box, which isn't really that big of a deal because its pretty self explanatory, but I did have a few minutes where I had to figure out how they intended me to mount the grommets on the bottom. After about 5 min of assessment, it all sort of makes sense when you realize you have to remove the factory grommet stepdown rings (i think thats what they are?) and put in the supplied rubber rings.

I'll try to post a recording sometime soon.

Last edited by Islandinthesky; 09-29-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

before

after
Old 10-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the positive review and pics of your install. It looks great!
Old 10-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just published what I am calling the Deluxe Tuning Combo for the S cars. This includes the TCU+ Transmission Tuner and the Powercontrol Engine Tuner. This puts both into a package that will save you over $200 off the list price for both.

Hop on over and get your S car running the way it should have come from Audi. The response here can't lie. Just ask anyone about the response from the DTE tuner, the TCU+ and most of all, our customer service.

Let me know how we can be of service to you.

Audi B9 S-Series Deluxe Tune Combo - DT Power
Old 10-03-2018, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron@DTE
I just published what I am calling the Deluxe Tuning Combo for the S cars. This includes the TCU+ Transmission Tuner and the Powercontrol Engine Tuner. This puts both into a package that will save you over $200 off the list price for both.

Hop on over and get your S car running the way it should have come from Audi. The response here can't lie. Just ask anyone about the response from the DTE tuner, the TCU+ and most of all, our customer service.

Let me know how we can be of service to you.

Audi B9 S-Series Deluxe Tune Combo - DT Power
I'll back that up. I've only got about 200 miles on the TCU+ but have had the tuner/pedal box for the summer. The TCU+ is icing on the cake. You can feel that the shifts are faster.

What I'm really happy with is the in town/lazy driving in normal D/Auto mode. The shifts from 1->2->3->4 almost feel like there is no transmission at all when doing light throttle (stop sign up to 30mph).