Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Early observations/reviw

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
You might also consider an aftermarket metal plug with an included magnet. I'll bet someone out there makes one.
Thanks, good thought, but it's also a plastic sump. .
Think I'll buy an extra plug anyway.....it's removed with a flat blade screwdriver and it's a quick release thread.
Only thing I've seen like it are golf shoe spikes.
Bizarre.....
Old 11-06-2018, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mashie7
There is no dipstick. Readings for oil level are via car status menu. Would be a nice solution though!
There actually is a tube for this, but instead of a dip stick, there is a plug at the top that is removed for the extractor to go in. At your 10K service (which is no charge at your local Audi dealer), watch them perform the oil change and you will be amazed on just how easy it is.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
You might also consider an aftermarket metal plug with an included magnet. I'll bet someone out there makes one.
Originally Posted by CtheW0rld
Congrats. Second wife or 2nd Audi?
Ah, second A5, first wife.
Dark Metallic Navy, light grey interior, driftwood accent, B&O, basically loaded.
Came with light grey mats....not good. Got her some dark grey Lloyds mats.
My kingdom for a simple dipstick.......
Old 11-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

There is no dipstick. Readings for oil level are via car status menu. Would be a nice solution though!
Available as an aftermarket option — several members here have purchased them.

ECS Tuning sells the one we’ve purchased.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Available as an aftermarket option — several members here have purchased them.

ECS Tuning sells the one we’ve purchased.
I looked at the ECS website last night, but could not seem to find the one for the MY18 A5 (Sportback, but don’t think that matters as much, though maybe that’s why I couldn’t find one).
Old 11-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

I looked at the ECS website last night, but could not seem to find the one for the MY18 A5 (Sportback, but don’t think that matters as much, though maybe that’s why I couldn’t find one).
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...954ecs01-02~a/
Old 11-06-2018, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Thanks. I get that Audi is high-end but $62 for a dipstick is hellanuts. Oh and also it says it isn’t compatible with the MY18 A5 SB...guess that’s why I couldn’t find it. Thanks, though as I’m sure all of the other A5 friends will find it useful!
Old 11-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

Thanks. I get that Audi is high-end but $62 for a dipstick is hellanuts. Oh and also it says it isn’t compatible with the MY18 A5 SB...guess that’s why I couldn’t find it. Thanks, though as I’m sure all of the other A5 friends will find it useful!

Sorry — My bad, I missed that you had an A5. I agree with you that $62 for a dipstick is really crazy, but when you’re the only game in town . . .

Old 11-07-2018, 01:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by heisnuts
There actually is a tube for this, but instead of a dip stick, there is a plug at the top that is removed for the extractor to go in. At your 10K service (which is no charge at your local Audi dealer), watch them perform the oil change and you will be amazed on just how easy it is.
thanks, got it spotted. Right up front next to the oil,filter. Will get the extractor and use it next time. Been draining sumps via gravity for over 40 years . It’s time to change. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

thanks, got it spotted. Right up front next to the oil,filter. Will get the extractor and use it next time. Been draining sumps via gravity for over 40 years . It’s time to change. Thanks.
From the looks of the oil pan, there is a dip in the pan right where the suction tube would go so there is a low point in the pan for the oil to pool in so the extractor will get almost all of the oil sitting in the pan.

Quick Reply: Early observations/reviw