Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B&O Sound for iPod Classic Media

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&O Sound for iPod Classic Media

Hello All,
Anyone try playing an iPost classic with B&O sound system. It doesn't sound as good as sirius sat radio. It's very odd. I listen and DJ trance music so I'm surprised by the lack of bass. Sirius has a lot more with the sub and bass turned down in sound settings. However, I have to turn up these settings in when I switch to media. Haven't had time to play around with other audio like BT audio yet. Hope to discover more soon.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Seems the Harmon Kardon in the 428i sounds better for lo's when listening to music. Got to try and tweak sound settings more in the A5.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Set focus to 'rear' that's how i'm able to get more low end punch.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stan23
Set focus to 'rear' that's how i'm able to get more low end punch.
Its odd b/c the dealership set the focus to ALL but put the balance towards the back. I usually always put the balance more towards the back as the rear speakers are stronger usually. I will try playing with this but do you then move the balance back to center?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rockbottom8
Its odd b/c the dealership set the focus to ALL but put the balance towards the back. I usually always put the balance more towards the back as the rear speakers are stronger usually. I will try playing with this but do you then move the balance back to center?
I've played with this quite a bit, as i'm pretty picky about audio. Out of box stock, the BO sounded awful to me. No low end punch and mids were irritating. This was all default settings.

I played with the settings a bit, to where I just changed the fader 2 clicks to the rear with focus on all (which gave me more usable bass) but the mids were still too shrill for me.

Another member suggested just putting the focus to the rear (manual says it turns off some of the front speakers, Not sure) I left fader in the middle, and turned off both 3D and virtual surround.

Now it sounds pretty decent, and i've left it alone for the most part. It sounds best when playing directly from my mp3 files on SD card, but BT streaming sounds great too.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:39 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I moved the 'focus' to behind the front seats and in front of the back seat. I have 3D on minimal or off.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by N8!
I moved the 'focus' to behind the front seats and in front of the back seat. I have 3D on minimal or off.
I believe you're talking about the fader.

On the cars with B+O there is a separate focus setting which you can select from 'all, front, or rear'
Old 01-11-2018, 03:53 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah - fader, sorry.

I have the focus on the rear.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by N8!
Yeah - fader, sorry.

I have the focus on the rear.
In the manual, it states if you set focus to rear, then some of the front speakers are turned off. Wondering if that is really the case!