Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

The Europrice S5 Sportback Project Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by PRGeno
I got my 2018 S5 yesterday, trading in my beloved 2009 S5. My '09 had become an extension of me, and the '18 is just not comfortable yet. We are just getting acquainted and is going to be awhile before we can get to the same level of integration as my '09.

So I'm starting to map out the mods I need to do to start getting there. One thing I know I have to change is the front grill. I think that is the weakest part of the new look. To me it kind of looks like a Hyundai Sonatas grill, so it must go.

I really like the look of the Europrice Black Out grill option. I'm pretty handy with a wrench but have never swapped out a grill before and would like to know what it would take to do this swap. Are there instructions available to review or a video to watch showing what is involved before I make the purchase?
I do have factory instructions, unfortunately only in German at the moment, but the pictures are helpful. I can email you or post a few tips and trick on the grille removal. There are a fair number of plastic clips to be dealt with the remove the lower trim/grille which has to come out to release the main grille. However a pair of needle nose pliers solved those quickly and then lower trim/grille pops out from behind. Then the main grille is mainly held in with torx bolts.

Getting the bumper off is actually reasonably easy, again I do have pictures and can provide tips and tricks. While the cover is off and the lower trim/grille is removed I would recommend owners who want to get rid of the silver trims on the side bumper grilles to replace that lower trim/grille to black optic. Just a time saver to do it all at once.

If you click on this link and the second product photo you get an idea of what trim/grille I am speaking of:

Bumper Grilles S5 Black Optic

If you are looking for specific info don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 10-30-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alexander,

I just sent you an email regarding the installation docs.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2017, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

What do we have here...

Cheers!

Old 11-02-2017, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

It is coming together beautifully Alex. Now, pics with the new wheels installed!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Getting there...

Version 0.87

Lighting
Taillight Package A5, S5, RS5 LED

Exterior
Grille S5 Black Optic
Mirrors Carbon Fiber Housings
Rear Bumper Trim S5 Black Optic
Vorsteiner V-FF 107 20x10" Wheels
- Semi Gloss Black

Interior
Steering Wheel TT S-Line Flat-Bottom
Shift **** Trim S-Line Automatic
Headrests A5, S5 Rear

Performance
Sport Springs | H&R A5, S5

Controller Package | Exhaust Valve

Worked with Vorsteiner on doing a set of their new V-FF 107 semi-gloss finish to match better to the anthracite black optic trims. A most excellent combo and works extremely well with the black optic items and the carbon mirror caps.

Since this is a daily driver H&R supplied lowering springs which sit just right for day to day use but don't slam the car down making steep entrances too hard.

Next up will probably be some darker window trims, a light tint all the way around, possibly an exhaust with a darker colored tip and maybe more, not sure just yet. Working on headlight options even though the orange reflectors are killing me every time I look at the car. Loving the proper orange discrete dynamic turn signal with the super bright rear fog from the European taillights, much cleaner, much more functional, really odd we don't get a rear fog here in North American.

Suggestions and ideas are always welcome so don't hesitate to post 'em up!

Cheers,

Last edited by Alex@Europrice.us; 11-10-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Getting there...

Version 1.0

Lighting

Exterior
Grille S5 Black Optic
- Semi Gloss Black

Interior
Headrests A5, S5 Rear

Performance
H&R Lowering Springs - Coming to the site soon!
Controller Package Exhaust Valve

Worked with Vorsteiner on doing a set of their new V-FF 107 semi-gloss finish to match better to the anthracite black optic trims. A most excellent combo and works extremely well with the black optic items and the carbon mirror caps.

Since this is a daily driver H&R supplied lowering springs which sit just right for day to day use but don't slam the car down making steep entrances too hard.

Next up will probably be some darker window trims, a light tint all the way around, possibly an exhaust with a darker colored tip and maybe more, not sure just yet. Working on headlight options even though the orange reflectors are killing me every time I look at the car. Loving the proper orange discrete dynamic turn signal with the super bright rear fog from the European taillights, much cleaner, much more functional, really odd we don't get a rear fog here in North American.

Cheers,
The car looks amazing! What is the wheel offset and tire size? Too, are you using spacers?
Old 11-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

275/30R-20 Yokohama S.drive XL
20x10" ET30
No spacers
- Fitment is really spot on for the S5 B9. No rubbing, looks nice and flush, super happy with the setup.

Vorsteiner did send some of their spline drive bolts, but sadly the front of the B9 models is super tight in terms of ability to run longer bolts. The spline drive bolts are 30mm and the factory bolts are 27mm. That extra 3mm locked things up on the front so I did move over to some 27mm cone seat black coated bolts. The factory size bolts are what work, but the Vorsteiner wheels are cone seat and not ball seat so proper bolts are needed.

Thank you!

Old 11-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Forget a quick interior shot:

Absolutely loving the TT Mk3 steering wheel. A bit thicker than the stock wheel, more aggressive shape, the alu accents fit the interior much better than the almost all leather stock S5 wheel and it even has contrast stitching to match the interior. Tossed on an S-Line shift **** trim to match the perforated leather on the TT S-Line wheel.

Also made up a small custom wiring adapter for the V1 using the accessory power and ground for the interior mirror so no cutting or tapping.

TT Mk3 S-Line steering wheels are on sale right now as well, $200 off list prices: Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Guide....

Cheers!

Old 11-08-2017, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Getting there...

Version 0.87

Lighting

Exterior
Grille S5 Black Optic
- Semi Gloss Black

Interior
Headrests A5, S5 Rear

Performance
H&R Lowering Springs - Coming to the site soon!
Controller Package Exhaust Valve

Cheers,

I can't wait for my Black Optics package order to ship/arrive!

Last edited by PRGeno; 11-08-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

The full Black Optics package arrived today, very quickly shipped from Germany (less than 2 weeks from order placement to arrival at my door).

I couldn't help it so I took a quick look at it and all I can say is WOW! This is going to look so much better than the stock Hyundai Sonata look alike grill and I'm so happy I went with Audi OEM parts instead of a Chinese knockoff grill. The grill itself costs about twice as much as the fake RS grills on eBay, but that really is not that much in the grand scheme of things. The OEM parts should fit properly and accommodate all of the sensors and camera components, which I think is worth every additional penny.

I went with the full Black Optics package in front and back and all of the parts in the box look awesome so far. I hope to be able to get to it this weekend, maybe. But the holidays are squeezing time pretty tightly the next couple weeks. I want to make sure and take my time and do everything to make this installation perfect. Then I'll get the Xpel and Modest paint treatments scheduled that I've already got lined up waiting for the BO kit to be installed. It looks to all be coming together very nicely and maybe I won't miss my old '09 S5 so much after all this.

A big thanks to Alexander at EuroPrice for the great deal, super fast shipping and delivery, and all the tip, tricks, and help you've already provided.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails The Europrice S5 Sportback Project Thread...-img_0942.jpg   The Europrice S5 Sportback Project Thread...-img_0943.jpg  

Quick Reply: The Europrice S5 Sportback Project Thread...