AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Extended Warranty - Is it worth it? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/extended-warranty-worth-2965058/)

The G Man 01-11-2019 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL (Post 25260413)
Interesting. Thank you for the info and contact
Do you know if fidelity is in any way inferior/superior to the Audi warranty, even if both are administered by Fidelity ?

Here is the link; FD-Warranty

I am not sure how Fidelity is now, but about 10 years ago when I was looking for a cheap warranty, Fidelity got mixed review, Some say the claim process is slow and other complains about warranty claim denial. These are the usual complaints one find with most aftermarket warranties.

GK12345EMAIL 01-11-2019 10:41 AM

Precisely why I would prefer to pay a bit more for the Audi warranty

i had a 3rd party for my MB C300. I was told it covered. Most everything (I upgraded to the highest package including most electronics), but when it came time to file a claim, I was told that the warranty claim covers only specific part numbers

of course my sales man and the finance guy who sold me the warranty never replied back to my complaint. How convenient

belzebutt 01-11-2019 10:57 AM

I was wondering the same thing as I'm planning on purchasing one. This article is pretty much how it's always been I think:
https://www.consumerreports.org/exte...ensive-gamble/

You get piece of mind with a warranty, on the other hand the price is what it is because it's rigged so the house always wins on average, and it turns out most people lose by buying the warranty. So I guess if you're a gambler go with the warranty, if not you save the money just in case. Which is kind of the opposite of how you'd think a gambler would think. :)

MRA5SB 01-11-2019 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL (Post 25260423)
Precisely why I would prefer to pay a bit more for the Audi warranty

Fidelity IS the administrator for the official Audi extended warranties. This was something new for me, my previous experience with other makes was that they administer their own extended warranties. What Troy sells over at FD-Warranty is the same you get when you walk in to the dealership. There is no Audi extended warranty that doesn't involve Fidelity as far as I know.

Nikon1 01-11-2019 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by MRA5SB (Post 25260458)
Fidelity IS the administrator for the official Audi extended warranties. This was something new for me, my previous experience with other makes was that they administer their own extended warranties. What Troy sells over at FD-Warranty is the same you get when you walk in to the dealership. There is no Audi extended warranty that doesn't involve Fidelity as far as I know.

Good to know — I was concerned about buying a 3rd party extended warranty that was not an “official Audi backed” policy.

This is a really great thread — My thanks to all the contributors!

— John

GK12345EMAIL 01-11-2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by MRA5SB (Post 25260458)

Thank you so much for this info

Audiworld and its members are truly a valuable resource

arrtewwx 01-11-2019 02:57 PM

+1 on FD-warranty / Troy. Great experiences with him and very easy to work with. Don’t forget you can also buy Audi Care from him and other service packages.

The G Man 01-12-2019 02:14 AM

Even though the Audi warranty is administrated by Fidelity, a Fidelity warranty is not the same as an Audi warranty, they have different terms and conditions.

arrtewwx 01-12-2019 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 25260685)
Even though the Audi warranty is administrated by Fidelity, a Fidelity warranty is not the same as an Audi warranty, they have different terms and conditions.

FWIW, when I purchased my FD warranty, Troy told me it was the same warranty, just not branded Audi.

JD15 01-12-2019 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 25260685)

Yes, and I think that means there is no "true" extended Audi factory warranty.