Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Extended Warranty - Is it worth it?

 
Old 01-12-2019, 10:06 AM
  #31  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by arrtewwx View Post

FWIW, when I purchased my FD warranty, Troy told me it was the same warranty, just not branded Audi.
Audi warranty used to be administered by fidelity, it is now administered by someone else. I had no issues with Fidelity paying for repairs with my previous Audi. The benefit of the Fidelity warranty is that you can purchase with up to 10K miles on the odometer, and the term is from when you buy the warranty, not when you bought the car. So for example if you bought your car Jan 1, 2018 and you now have 9999 miles and you buy a 7 year/100K miles you would have coverage until Jan 12. 2026 and 109999 miles. Anyone who wants an extended warranty should call Troy at FD warranty, his prices are great and he will explain the differences (he sells both Audi and Fidelity)
mpatel1080 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:13 AM
  #32  
AudiWorld Member
 
arrtewwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 492
Default

Originally Posted by mpatel1080 View Post
Audi warranty used to be administered by fidelity, it is now administered by someone else. I had no issues with Fidelity paying for repairs with my previous Audi. The benefit of the Fidelity warranty is that you can purchase with up to 10K miles on the odometer, and the term is from when you buy the warranty, not when you bought the car. So for example if you bought your car Jan 1, 2018 and you now have 9999 miles and you buy a 7 year/100K miles you would have coverage until Jan 12. 2026 and 109999 miles. Anyone who wants an extended warranty should call Troy at FD warranty, his prices are great and he will explain the differences (he sells both Audi and Fidelity)
I bought mine at 49,925 miles (right before the factory warranty was set to expire via miles) so I could only get the Fidelity branded version- if you meant you can get the Audi branded version (prior to their switching providers) if you are below 10k miles.
arrtewwx is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:21 AM
  #33  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by arrtewwx View Post

I bought mine at 49,925 miles (right before the factory warranty was set to expire via miles) so I could only get the Fidelity branded version- if you meant you can get the Audi branded version (prior to their switching providers) if you are below 10k miles.
According to what Troy told me a few weeks ago the Audi warranty is now administered by sure guard or safe guard or something like that. Fidelity is still available, but not Audi branded. The term for the Audi branded one now starts with the original purchase date of the vehicle and 0 on the odometer. You may have less denials with an Audi branded warranty because while it is administered by a third party the obligor (party that actually pays claims) is still VW/Audi or some entity owned by it.

Last edited by mpatel1080; 01-12-2019 at 10:25 AM.
mpatel1080 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:25 AM
  #34  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,171
Default

As far as I know, fd-direct’s audi extended warranty is an aftermarket warranty, not the same as what the dealer sells. I do believe fd-direct’s lexus and toyota warranty are from the factory. Keep in mind all aftermarket warranty require an approval before the dealer can work on it.
The G Man is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:27 AM
  #35  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 408
Default

Yeah I think Audi changed administrators recently - but the point still remains that the official Audi extended warranty still involves a third party. I may have been mistaken in my earlier post about which one is the current third party.
MRA5SB is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:32 AM
  #36  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by The G Man View Post
As far as I know, fd-directís audi extended warranty is an aftermarket warranty, not the same as what the dealer sells. I do believe fd-directís lexus and toyota warranty are from the factory. Keep in mind all aftermarket warranty require an approval before the dealer can work on it.
FD Warranty sells both the Audi branded and Fidelity. Email them for quotes, they respond very quickly,


Originally Posted by MRA5SB View Post
Yeah I think Audi changed administrators recently - but the point still remains that the official Audi extended warranty still involves a third party. I may have been mistaken in my earlier post about which one is the current third party.
A third party is the administrator of the policy, but VW/Audi pays the claims. It is possible you have more pull with VW/Audi when it comes to questionable claims denials. If your car is tuned, aftermarket warranty may be better because they do not have the ability to check for tunes that VW/Audi could in the case of a very expensive engine or transmission repair.
mpatel1080 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
spdracer53
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
8
04-29-2003 11:38 PM
Jim Will
S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
0
12-13-2002 03:58 AM
Tostao
S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
0
09-12-2001 08:55 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extended Warranty - Is it worth it?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: