Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Finally - 035 R-ARB

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Finally - 035 R-ARB

034 that is. My GF ordered this for me on December 9th as a Christmas gift. Well, just arrived and in queue for install tomorrow. If anyone has any knowledge to share, let me know.

Last edited by Richr; 01-17-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Richr
My GF ordered this for me on December 9th as a Christmas gift. Well, just arrived and in queue for install tomorrow. If anyone has any knowledge to share, let me know.
Do you have S5 or S5SB? On the SB it really helps to have a full lift and to get this extra brace / exhaust out of the way if doing yourself. I could not for the life of me snake the OEM sway out when on jacks/ramps. Ended up getting it installed along with my AWE Touring exhaust.

The bushings, grease the hell out of them both inside where the sway bar goes through and outside where mounting brackets hug em. My bushings failed after a few thousand miles and initially squeaky noise over speed bumps...I think the shop that installed the sway did not adequately grease them and they cracked. I replaced the bushings and greased the s#$t out of them and now they are holding up well and are quiet. I did hear back from 034 that we should use the grease zerk fittings to apply grease every 10k miles or so to the bushings.

Hope this helps, I do love the sway and so will you!
Old 01-17-2019, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SD Nardo
Do you have S5 or S5SB? On the SB it really helps to have a full lift and to get this extra brace / exhaust out of the way if doing yourself. I could not for the life of me snake the OEM sway out when on jacks/ramps. Ended up getting it installed along with my AWE Touring exhaust.

The bushings, grease the hell out of them both inside where the sway bar goes through and outside where mounting brackets hug em. My bushings failed after a few thousand miles and initially squeaky noise over speed bumps...I think the shop that installed the sway did not adequately grease them and they cracked. I replaced the bushings and greased the s#$t out of them and now they are holding up well and are quiet. I did hear back from 034 that we should use the grease zerk fittings to apply grease every 10k miles or so to the bushings.

Hope this helps, I do love the sway and so will you!
Thanks for the tips. I have the Coupe and no lift available. I relayed the info about the supplied grease to my installer and I am really enjoying the results. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow! I now have a few more miles on the 034 ARB and have had a chance to check it out on a few of my favorite twisties. I am amazed at the improvement in handling with just this small upgrade. Having come for a long run with BMW's, I initially found the handling of the S5 a little less engaging and fun than either my 540i or 535i M-Sport. Well I can honestly say that is no longer the case and highly recommend this upgrade to anyone interested in an improvement in handling performance.