Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

first time in an audi

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by BKblue

thats where the manual is intended to go.
On all models except for the cabriolet, which has a brace that cuts into the compartment. I wish the rear armrest compartment was deeper, it would be perfect.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I'm going to find a nice seal-able bag and drop in in the tire well. Right now, its loose just sliding around in my trunk.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by emacS5
I think I'm going to find a nice seal-able bag and drop in in the tire well. Right now, its loose just sliding around in my trunk.
I've put a pair of tennis shoes with socks inside, tshirt and shorts in the there - had to wiggle one show on each side of the tire. So just went to my car. Looks like not enough room in my wheel well to fit it. Guess it says in the left compartment for now.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uh i keep the manual in my house.. is there a reason why you guys are insisting on carrying it in the car when it doesnt fit anywhere??
Old 03-19-2018, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoMoreBMWs
Despite the enthusiasm of the Audi fans it is feature-driven, non-ergonomic and buggy. But these S5s are just plain better cars than the BMW 4 Series.

i wanted to wait a week or so before responding to you; i wanted to try out the tech for myself. i definitely wouldn't say it sucks, ive seen much worse, but there are a few things that dont make sense. first off, the HUD, why didnt they add more functionality to it? i was so used to being able to see my phone (call logs, etc) on the HUD, and more importantly the media/radio. i could scroll through my playlists, presets, etc without digging through a menu

everything takes so many clicks. i wish things would stay where you put them. i wish when i went to the telephone tab it would stay on my favorites. same with radio; stay on the presets. but i constantly have to go into submenus to go to the favorites/presets. frustrating

i love the 1-8 touch sensitive buttons. BMW took it one step above and allows you to set those buttons to anything you want. for example i had #1 set to call my wife. 2 was see tire pressures. etc.

most of these things are minor complaints but they add up and make a frustrating tech experience IMO. but i'm sure i'll get used to them. however the one thing i still cant get used to is how high you have to sit in the chair. i'm 6'3 and i have my seat set to the lowest setting but i still feel like i'm way too high. i wish you could set it lower somehow..
Old 03-19-2018, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default the Sportback has .6" less headroom...

Originally Posted by Omaralt
most of these things are minor complaints but they add up and make a frustrating tech experience IMO. but i'm sure i'll get used to them. however the one thing i still cant get used to is how high you have to sit in the chair. i'm 6'3 and i have my seat set to the lowest setting but i still feel like i'm way too high. i wish you could set it lower somehow..
The coupe and convertible have 40" of headroom - the same as my 2014 435i Coupe, but 1.6" more than my E92 M3 had, 2.5" more than my E46 M3 and 2.9" more than my E36 M3! At just under 6'2" I'm fine in the Sportback. I remember having to hunch forward and look up to see some overhead traffic lights in my M3s. A lot of guys bought the M3s to track and then discovered that they couldn't drive the car with a helmet on with the stock seats. The only solution, as far as I know, is to go with a Recaro or other custom seat if it really bothers you.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoMoreBMWs
The coupe and convertible have 40" of headroom - the same as my 2014 435i Coupe, but 1.6" more than my E92 M3 had, 2.5" more than my E46 M3 and 2.9" more than my E36 M3! At just under 6'2" I'm fine in the Sportback. I remember having to hunch forward and look up to see some overhead traffic lights in my M3s. A lot of guys bought the M3s to track and then discovered that they couldn't drive the car with a helmet on with the stock seats. The only solution, as far as I know, is to go with a Recaro or other custom seat if it really bothers you.
its not about the headroom; i got plenty of headroom; i got the cabriolet :P

its the sensation that you're sitting too high. i would prefer if i could lower the seat a bit
Old 03-19-2018, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default oh...

its not about the headroom; i got plenty of headroom; i got the cabriolet :P

its the sensation that you're sitting too high. i would prefer if i could lower the seat a bit
In the E92 M3 coupe the seat cushion is 17.4" off the ground; in a 2018 S5 convertible it is 14.4" off the ground.

You can tell I'm not a convertible guy. With the seat cushion 14.4" off the road that would be lowish for a coupe, but I see that a 2018 Corvette convertible is only 10.9".
Old 03-20-2018, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

uh i keep the manual in my house.. is there a reason why you guys are insisting on carrying it in the car when it doesnt fit anywhere??
Yes. If I'm out somewhere and the top stops working, I'd like to be able to see "all the things" I need to do to lower it manually. That's one of a thousand possible reasons.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by emacS5
Yes. If I'm out somewhere and the top stops working, I'd like to be able to see "all the things" I need to do to lower it manually. That's one of a thousand possible reasons.
the manual isn't saved on the hard drive of the car?