Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Florett Silver S5 SB Finally Arrives

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Florett Silver S5 SB Finally Arrives

I placed my order with Audi Wilmington in Delaware and they had my car delivered to me in Seattle, WA, this Saturday! I was stoked to finally get my hands on the car after placing the order back in mid June this year. Always wanted the sportback in North America after seeing it everywhere in Australia. Anyway, I have some plans for this car but here are the modifications so far:
  • 034 Front Strut Brace
  • 034 Rear Sway Bar
  • 034 Trans Mount
  • KW Height Adjustable Springs
  • Vorsteiner VFF107 (20x10) with Continental DWS06 275/30/20 rubber
That's it so far but I do plan to get the AWE Touring system as soon as it is released and will take the car in to black out the chrome in black. I am also interested in the carbon mirror caps but not sure if I want that yet or if it is worth it. Thoughts?

Here are some photos from the first weekend of ownership:

Old 10-23-2017, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
I placed my order with Audi Wilmington in Delaware and they had my car delivered to me in Seattle, WA, this Saturday! I was stoked to finally get my hands on the car after placing the order back in mid June this year. Always wanted the sportback in North America after seeing it everywhere in Australia. Anyway, I have some plans for this car but here are the modifications so far:
  • 034 Front Strut Brace
  • 034 Rear Sway Bar
  • 034 Trans Mount
  • KW Height Adjustable Springs
  • Vorsteiner VFF107 (20x10) with Continental DWS06 275/30/20 rubber
That's it so far but I do plan to get the AWE Touring system as soon as it is released and will take the car in to black out the chrome in black. I am also interested in the carbon mirror caps but not sure if I want that yet or if it is worth it. Thoughts?
Looks excellent!! KW HAS a good choice. Surprised you thought the B9 needed a different sway bar - do you have adaptive suspension and Sport differential? I would leave the mirrors as they are, perhaps decide after you get the bright trim blacked out. IMO what you have done is tasteful, adding an extra element like CF might make it a bit busy. Be careful on exhaust system changes, thermal management is critical with this engine, cat back probably okay.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations! Beautiful car.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it. Gratz. More pics please?
Old 10-23-2017, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stunning. Wheels are a perfect compliment in style and color to the car. Love the drop too.

In the process of putting 20s on myself and I'm convinced I'm going to have to accelerate my timetable for my drop. Seriously thinking about those height adjustables. Where did you buy them from, if you don't mind? I'm curious how they compare with the standard 034 and H&R kits. I don't want much of a drop, so they might be perfect.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am not one for a sport car in silver, however, that looks very nice. Good luck
Old 10-23-2017, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Neon01
Stunning. Wheels are a perfect compliment in style and color to the car. Love the drop too.

In the process of putting 20s on myself and I'm convinced I'm going to have to accelerate my timetable for my drop. Seriously thinking about those height adjustables. Where did you buy them from, if you don't mind? I'm curious how they compare with the standard 034 and H&R kits. I don't want much of a drop, so they might be perfect.
Thanks man. I'm looking forward to your setup - when are you going to put them on? I bought my KW HAS from Mops (Ben) at Supreme Power. He's an awesome guy who can source pretty well any part you want. Feel free to email him and ask. It takes about 3-4 weeks to deliver as it comes from Germany. Mops@Supremepower.com
Old 10-23-2017, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zoepup
I am not one for a sport car in silver, however, that looks very nice. Good luck
Thanks, neither was I but I gradually started to like the color more and more. Florett really makes the lines pop in this car.

Originally Posted by Emerson11
Congratulations! Beautiful car.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Glisse
Looks excellent!! KW HAS a good choice. Surprised you thought the B9 needed a different sway bar - do you have adaptive suspension and Sport differential? I would leave the mirrors as they are, perhaps decide after you get the bright trim blacked out. IMO what you have done is tasteful, adding an extra element like CF might make it a bit busy. Be careful on exhaust system changes, thermal management is critical with this engine, cat back probably okay.
Yeah, every car I have owned, I have swapped out the rear sway bar and experienced a very noticeable improvement in body sway. That's why I did it again with the S5. So far so good though - this thing handles going around high speed turns like a champ the way it is now. Thanks for the comments! Your input makes sense and I agree. Don't want to end up having a car that looks like too much has been done to it.

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
Love it. Gratz. More pics please?
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Old 10-23-2017, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by freesole
Thanks, neither was I but I gradually started to like the color more and more. Florett really makes the lines pop in this car.
It actually makes the chrome trim disappear. Plus, silver is always easier to keep clean. My daily commuter is silver. Love how it doesn't show all the dust my black cars do.

Quick Reply: Florett Silver S5 SB Finally Arrives