Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Florett Silver S5 SB Finally Arrives

Old 02-19-2018, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Such a beautiful setup.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 03-20-2018, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful pics... One quick question - does the AWE exhaust and RS Grill violate the warranty in any way?
Old 03-21-2018, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Fantastic pictures, thanks!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Meen Sriv
Beautiful pics... One quick question - does the AWE exhaust and RS Grill violate the warranty in any way?
It won't void the warranty on the entire car. The only time it will become an issue is if what is wrong with the car is directly related to the parts installed. In this example, if the front parking sensors started giving false warnings and Audi found that the reason for the false warnings is due to improper install of the front grill or that the front grill was not working properly with the sensors, then that would not be covered under warranty from Audi. The same applies to the exhaust. If the exhaust were to cause any type of problem (like restricting exhaust flow that caused a check engine light to come on) then it would not be covered under Audi warranty.

The bottom line is that the car warranty will stay in effect, but if the aftermarket parts or install is the direct cause of a problem, then Audi will not cover that failure under their warranty.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
It won't void the warranty on the entire car. The only time it will become an issue is if what is wrong with the car is directly related to the parts installed. In this example, if the front parking sensors started giving false warnings and Audi found that the reason for the false warnings is due to improper install of the front grill or that the front grill was not working properly with the sensors, then that would not be covered under warranty from Audi. The same applies to the exhaust. If the exhaust were to cause any type of problem (like restricting exhaust flow that caused a check engine light to come on) then it would not be covered under Audi warranty.

The bottom line is that the car warranty will stay in effect, but if the aftermarket parts or install is the direct cause of a problem, then Audi will not cover that failure under their warranty.
I have heard of instances where Audi denied an engine under warranty due to a Cold air intake, and exhaust.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

It’s a lot harder to claim issues if you bring in a modified car. No matter what service advisors will b.s you and try to connect the problem to the parts you modified. For example I had 2014 Lexus IS which I heavily modified with air suspension and etc... my sunroof was making odd thumping noises when I hit some bumps on the road. Long story short, I brought it in and sure enough they refused to fix it because they said the modified suspension caused parts of the car to flex therefore loosened some bolts... how does that make sense lol. In the end I won the battle, coz it was the weather strip rubber that has been worned out.

Sorry for being O.T but nice car! Still thinking bout getting the AWE exhaust on mine after hearing some
sound clips
Old 03-21-2018, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx all. One quick follow-up, where did you get the RS Grill, and did you install it yourself? Not sure if any dealer in SF Bay Area installs it.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That RS grill changes EVERYTHING... Seriously considering it on my Mythos Black, but not really sure what that'd look like. Also, I don't really want to lose the chrome on the windows but I'm thinking it might look strange with the front end all blacked out.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the rs grill...curious which one you purchased as there are several out there (although they may be very similar)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Florett Silver S5 SB Finally Arrives