Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Getting back into an Audi....on the fence on color

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by triguy914
picked up an S5 Cab in Navarra on Saturday, was between this and Daytona Gray, opted for the Navarra as it is more unique.
In the dark & rain (lots of that lately) it seems just like a dark blue car, in the sunlight, it pops..
better pictures when the sun comes out.
Sharp car! What color interior?
Old 05-31-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saxplayer
Sharp car! What color interior?
Black - I really wanted gray as I think something lighter in a ragtop is better than black.. Even leather will get hot in the sun.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black - I really wanted gray as I think something lighter in a ragtop is better than black.. Even leather will get hot in the sun.
I like the gray with the blue... but I'm concerned the lighter colored gray may have issues with blue jeans...
Old 05-31-2017, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes, it will! Don't understand why Audi doesn't offer at least one option even lighter than the gray. I would love the Tango Red with a Velvet Beige interior similar to my A8L but may just have to "settle" for the Magma in a Glacier White. Yes, I know the seats are ventlated, etc. but, having driven convertibles going back to the 60's, they all get hot interiors in anything over 85 degrees. Especially wearing shorts! Ouch!
Old 05-31-2017, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazlo
Placed the order today for:

S5 Cabrio
Daytona Grey Exterior
Magma Red Interior
Carbon Atlas Trim
Prestige Package
S Sport Package
Driver Assistance Package
Dynamic Steering
19" Rims

Was able to get the 6% Audi Car Club discount.

Was most unsure about the red interior but it looked sharp in cars on the lot so went for it. Now the wait begins...
That will certainly look real sharp...great choices!

I'm definitely sold on the magma red interior, just need to decide on the exterior color...may stay with Glacier or go out of my comfort zone and chose Navarra...I'm not scared of that color combo.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
That will certainly look real sharp...great choices!

I'm definitely sold on the magma red interior, just need to decide on the exterior color...may stay with Glacier or go out of my comfort zone and chose Navarra...I'm not scared of that color combo.
Navarra/Red seems like an awesome combo - I would go Navarra, but my other car is blue. I want a color that would emphasize the lines of the car... and I feel like exterior red, white and black reduces the emphasis or the prominence of the lines. Gray, Blue and Green on the other hand enhances the appeal of the lines. I am going Daytona Gray/Magma Red.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Navarra/Red seems like an awesome combo - I would go Navarra, but my other car is blue. I want a color that would emphasize the lines of the car... and I feel like exterior red, white and black reduces the emphasis or the prominence of the lines. Gray, Blue and Green on the other hand enhances the appeal of the lines. I am going Daytona Gray/Magma Red.

in my opinion, white does a very good job emphasizing the new lines, especially the upper crease on the side of the car that flows into the hood/fender. They are much more aggressive and definitely stand out.

I've had multiple people comment about the more prominent lines of my new S5 vs. my old B8.5 A5 (both were Ibis white). It's pretty striking actually.

If money/time was no object and I could get an exclusive color, it would probably be one of the light(er) blues (kingfisher, sepang, nagoro, etc)
Old 05-31-2017, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jamis
in my opinion, white does a very good job emphasizing the new lines, especially the upper crease on the side of the car that flows into the hood/fender. They are much more aggressive and definitely stand out.

I've had multiple people comment about the more prominent lines of my new S5 vs. my old B8.5 A5 (both were Ibis white). It's pretty striking actually.

If money/time was no object and I could get an exclusive color, it would probably be one of the light(er) blues (kingfisher, sepang, nagoro, etc)
Agreed 100%...white will best show the lines of the car whereas you might not even notice on black or a darker color...I just think I need a break from white cars,lol!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Agreed 100%...white will best show the lines of the car whereas you might not even notice on black or a darker color...I just think I need a break from white cars,lol!
Maybe I'm biased against white because I am tired of white too. The other factor to me is that the silver side mirrors are somewhat subdued by white or silver colors. I like the contrast. Same with the red exterior and the red calipers... it subdue the calipers. Obviously this is a very subjective topic.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Maybe I'm biased against white because I am tired of white too. The other factor to me is that the silver side mirrors are somewhat subdued by white or silver colors. I like the contrast. Same with the red exterior and the red calipers... it subdue the calipers. Obviously this is a very subjective topic...
Me no likey those silver mirror covers, would replace with C/F pieces as with the rear spoiler as well...and I'd wrap those side skirts in faux C/F as well.

Quick Reply: Getting back into an Audi....on the fence on color