Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts
Default good idea?

Hey all,
I made the leap and decided to get a white rs5 SB. It came with the milled 20 inch wheels. My plan was to get the car fully wrapped in an xpel film, the detailer also refinishes wheels, I was thinking of getting the wheels finished in a black gloss to go with all the other black details. Any thoughts? I never got wheels re-finished, so curious if people are generally pleased with the outcome? Or save the wheels, and buy a new pair in the future?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2019, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Your last sentence is the key answer. Keep the originals for resale and get some BBS or Vorsteiner or similar. This will personalize the car and make it your own.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. Looks like someone beat me to it, so makes it a easier call.
View this post on Instagram
Old 02-21-2019, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabs
Thanks. Looks like someone beat me to it, so makes it a easier call.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuIqQZIF..._web_copy_link
That looks really good! I was thinking about blacking out the 5-arm flag wheels or buying some new gloss black wheels. Haven't decided yet.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Picked it up yesterday, not the best pics, but I think it looks great (biased)

Old 03-13-2019, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. She's beautiful. The black wheels are like a pair of shiny black patent leather Louboutin pumps! <3
Old 03-13-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A_Little_Tense
Wow. She's beautiful. The black wheels are like a pair of shiny black patent leather Louboutin pumps! <3
lol especially with the red break calipers. I honestly don't like the look of the milled wheels, but painted black they are very nice. I may need to get a set of these.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
lol especially with the red break calipers. I honestly don't like the look of the milled wheels, but painted black they are very nice. I may need to get a set of these.
glad you see where my head was at
Old 03-14-2019, 12:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mabs
Hey all,
I made the leap and decided to get a white rs5 SB. It came with the milled 20 inch wheels. My plan was to get the car fully wrapped in an xpel film, the detailer also refinishes wheels, I was thinking of getting the wheels finished in a black gloss to go with all the other black details. Any thoughts? I never got wheels re-finished, so curious if people are generally pleased with the outcome? Or save the wheels, and buy a new pair in the future?

Thanks!
I needed a snow set up so I just got a set of replica wheels and powdered coated them black. I wanted to keep the OEM ones for the summer. You can find another OEM set reasonable. I also had most of the car covered in clearbra. Ask your guy about a product called clearplex. It goes on the outside of your windshield to prevent rock chips. I have it and love it.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
I needed a snow set up so I just got a set of replica wheels and powdered coated them black. I wanted to keep the OEM ones for the summer. You can find another OEM set reasonable. I also had most of the car covered in clearbra. Ask your guy about a product called clearplex. It goes on the outside of your windshield to prevent rock chips. I have it and love it.
Curious to see how a product like ClearPlex will hold up over time with the use of windshield wipers.

Quick Reply: good idea?