Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Google Map - Send To Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts
Default Google Map - Send To Car

When using Google Maps on PC, it has an option to send a destination directly to car without going through MyAudi as long as the car is already configured in Google Maps. The configuration dialog is asking for an Account or Device ID for the car. Which ID are they referring to?

Last edited by MH62; 01-06-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Try your MyAudi account username.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
Try your MyAudi account username.
Thanks, it worked. I had ruled that one out because it identifies me rather than the car but i realize now they just send it to Audi and Audi knows my car.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by MH62
Thanks, it worked. I had ruled that one out because it identifies me rather than the car but i realize now they just send it to Audi and Audi knows my car.
You can make the account ID whatever you want it to be. It can be changed on the myAudi site. By default it's the email you used to sign up for myAudi, but if you have multiple cars you can assign a unique ID to each car.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't have a "send to car" option, only the send to phone (which I can get to work) What browser are you using? PC? Mobile? Apple? Android?

I can add to contacts, which in a round-about way gets it to the car. I suspect this option doesn't work if you don't pay the highway robbery Audi wants for their connect service. Not happening.

Last edited by CtheW0rld; 01-06-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:23 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
You can make the account ID whatever you want it to be. It can be changed on the myAudi site. By default it's the email you used to sign up for myAudi, but if you have multiple cars you can assign a unique ID to each car.
Even better. Once again, thank you superswiss.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:29 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld
I don't have a "send to car" option, only the send to phone (which I can get to work) What browser are you using? PC? Mobile? Apple? Android?

I can add to contacts, which in a round-about way gets it to the car. I suspect this option doesn't work if you don't pay the highway robbery Audi wants for their connect service. Not happening.
I'm on the free trial period so yes that may not work once the Audi Connect services are gone. I used it on Windows 10 with Chrome and tried Edge and it works too. There is no "Send To Car" button in Google Maps but once the car is configured, it appears in the list when you click "Send To Your Phone". And so far, I haven't seen this button on mobile Maps, just PC.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld

You can only do it when you search for an address, not when you've already asked it to calculate directions to that address. Does that help? It's confusing because in the latter case it shows the same list, but without the car listed.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
You can only do it when you search for an address, not when you've already asked it to calculate directions to that address. Does that help? It's confusing because in the latter case it shows the same list, but without the car listed.
I get there send to phone option, in the first step, but my car isn't there. Just the phone.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

From here?

Quick Reply: Google Map - Send To Car