Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

How is your A5/S5/RS5 Holding Up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
Just can't fully trust it.
Yep. Once you understand that, it’s wonderful. Audi never claimed it was fully autonomous,
Old 02-09-2019, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

...exactly, it is intended as an aid to the driver, not yet as a substitute. In heavy traffic the dap is helpful to keep stress low. On highway on long trips really shines for me, I can drive longer periods of time because I’m not as much stressed
Old 02-09-2019, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Abtpl
In heavy traffic the dap is helpful to keep stress low.
Really? It increases my stress with it turned on as I have to be extra vigilant to make sure the car doesn't rearend someone.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

...It depends how fast you want to go, I suppose. If I stick on not changing lanes as often, and I’m not late, sure I’m ok with it. I use it in dynamic mode thou...
Old 02-09-2019, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards staying with my Premium Plus order, as I test drove a couple of vehicles with DAP and didn't feel like I would use it much. I would consider ACC as a standalone option, but was not particularly impressed with the other features, particularly lane keep assist. Too much of my driving is on 40 - 50 mph urban roads with clueless or overly aggressive drivers and I would not be able to fully trust DAP in those circumstances. I doubt that DAP has a pothole mitigation algorithm either, and without it, I would have to replace wheels and tires too often.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got prestige for the HUD and the top view camera... didn't get the DAP.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Really? It increases my stress with it turned on as I have to be extra vigilant to make sure the car doesn't rearend someone.
I feel like you have to be the same level of vigilant with or without it on. But what it does help with in heavy traffic is that you don't have the constant gas <--> brake action, and my feet are definitely happier for that.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards staying with my Premium Plus order, as I test drove a couple of vehicles with DAP and didn't feel like I would use it much. I would consider ACC as a standalone option, but was not particularly impressed with the other features, particularly lane keep assist. Too much of my driving is on 40 - 50 mph urban roads with clueless or overly aggressive drivers and I would not be able to fully trust DAP in those circumstances. I doubt that DAP has a pothole mitigation algorithm either, and without it, I would have to replace wheels and tires too often.
You’ll save money too! DAP in DFW hasn’t been a negative experience for me. I actually like the lane assist, when driving fast on 635 or The Bush, etc. it keeps me “within” the lines, but as others have noted it can sometimes try to fight you when you want to exit. Using the turn signal solves that issue for me (yes- terrible to use such a thing in DFW). Traffic assist is nice (just ACC at slow speeds) and useful but it leaves too much of a gap between you and the other car allowing for “jackies” to swoop in and then hit their bloody brakes. I use it occasionally.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It took me two weeks of daily use to trust it to bring me to a complete stop. Once I did though it had gotten much more comfortable since. It does brake more aggressively than my style of driving so I wish there was a setting for this like there is for the acceleration but I’ve come to trust it. I highly recommend committing to a few attempts with your foot hovering the brake pedal and I think you’ll come to love it too.
I commute 30mi each way most on highway and it is now a must have in every car moving forward.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

You’ll save money too! DAP in DFW hasn’t been a negative experience for me. I actually like the lane assist, when driving fast on 635 or The Bush, etc. it keeps me “within” the lines, but as others have noted it can sometimes try to fight you when you want to exit. Using the turn signal solves that issue for me (yes- terrible to use such a thing in DFW). Traffic assist is nice (just ACC at slow speeds) and useful but it leaves too much of a gap between you and the other car allowing for “jackies” to swoop in and then hit their bloody brakes. I use it occasionally.
Yeah, it's a $2700 difference between P+ and Prestige, most of which is composed of DAP, which is now mandatory for Prestige.

Quick Reply: How is your A5/S5/RS5 Holding Up?