Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

How is your A5/S5/RS5 Holding Up?

Old 02-08-2019, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

2018 S5 SB with 4,500 miles. One issue that has come up is with lane assist, where it will tell me to keep my hands on the wheel when I already have them on the wheel, Only seems to happen on highway straights.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
  • Tailgate close/lock button doesn't work consistently
Try holding your keys away from the car or rotating your body so that the keys are further away from the tailgate. This happens to me from time to time and I've learned that I can always get it to work by getting the keys further away. It's exacerbated by the fact that my keys are usually in my right pocket and I'm usually hitting the button with my right hand.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I find it interesting that we all bought a high end luxury car and put up with issues and fluff it off.

My wife is on her 8th Nissan vehicle and in all those years, I've had to take a Murano in ONCE for a repair.

I for one will never buy another Audi. This is my 4th.

Biggest disappointment I've ever owned.

My first service list was 5 pages long with complaints.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Bought mine on April ‘17 and 30k so far, so good. No problems except a couple of usual firmware bugs. Mechanically it has been very reliable so far.
Recently I found that the driver’s window was not operating properly, and by my dismay, replacing the keyfob battery solved that issue!
Old 02-09-2019, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

It seems like many of complaints are related to DAP. To those who have Prestige, if you had to do it again, would you purchase DAP? I am asking because I currently have an S5 Premium Plus on order (no DAP). However, another dealership recently received the same color combination and options, except Prestige. I may consider that car if i can negotiate a good deal, but I really don't care much about the additional items included in Prestige and DAP is now bundled with Prestige.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:50 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
It seems like many of complaints are related to DAP. To those who have Prestige, if you had to do it again, would you purchase DAP? I am asking because I currently have an S5 Premium Plus on order (no DAP). However, another dealership recently received the same color combination and options, except Prestige. I may consider that car if i can negotiate a good deal, but I really don't care much about the additional items included in Prestige and DAP is now bundled with Prestige.
ACC is great when you turn off traffic sign based speed adjustments and predictive speed adjustments. Wouldn't do without. I also like traffic jam assist but I don't get in traffic too much. Lane assist is ok for short distances but not too long as it rarely agrees with you. Overall, DAP was worth it for me.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I have it and I actually was looking for it. I’m satisfied greatly with it, and I would buy it again.

I think that people like me, just like it and won’t post about it. On the other hand, If I didn’t like like it...
Old 02-09-2019, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Overall I really like the system and would buy it again. The DAP had surprised me once or twice when I first got the car, however as I became familiar with the systems capabilites and limitations this has not been an issue. I realize that allowed to, the DaP will attempt to drive you off of an unintended exit, lose track of lane markers due to lighting or poor maintenance, and the ACC will alter speed abruptly in response to speed limit changes, and occasionally slow inexplicably. With this real time experience, I am able to anticipate how the car will react and plan accordingly. It does ~require you to be proactive so that you can adjust for the changes in speed limit, freeway exits, road marking changes, etc. With all of that said, I really like the DAP and would purchase it again. I realize it has limited capabilities, however,in some scenarios, such as, well marked freeway in the number 1or 2 lanes the ACC and lane keeping work extremely well. It is in areas with many transitions that the operation can be problematic and requires a high level of vigilance.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,377 Posts

I would not order a car without the DAP now that i’ve Used it for 9 months.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

DAP is fine but I just can't get myself to use it in heavy traffic, where I'm sure it will be very useful. Just can't fully trust it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How is your A5/S5/RS5 Holding Up?