Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Incoming Calls Not Ringing In Car Via Bluetooth Interface

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts
Default Incoming Calls Not Ringing In Car Via Bluetooth Interface

I have a Pixel 3 paired to my S5 via Bluetooth and calls are working fine via car speakers but incoming calls only ring on the phone, not via car speakers. The car indicates incoming calls on MMI as expected and I can answer them via MMI or steering wheel, just no ringing in car speakers. When looking at the telephone settings in MMI, I get these two issues:

I have a hard time believing my fairly new phone is not supporting this basic feature as reported by the MMI and I can't find anything on my phone that would restrict this feature. Any suggestions?
Old 01-04-2019, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

While the phone is ringing, turn up the volume on the MMI. It's a very common issue that the ring volume is set to low or zero. Newer phones like the Pixel, iPhone etc. play the phone's own ringtone over Bluetooth, instead of the MMI playing a ringtone. That's why those options show as not supported. You should be hearing whatever ringtone you've set on the phone over the car's speakers. For some reason as far as I know, the ringtone volume with these newer phones can only be adjusted while the phone is ringing.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
While the phone is ringing, turn up the volume on the MMI. It's a very common issue that the ring volume is set to low or zero. Newer phones like the Pixel, iPhone etc. play the phone's own ringtone over Bluetooth, instead of the MMI playing a ringtone. That's why those options show as not supported. You should be hearing whatever ringtone you've set on the phone over the car's speakers. For some reason as far as I know, the ringtone volume with these newer phones can only be adjusted while the phone is ringing.
Awesome, that was it. Thank you Superswiss.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
Hi,

Just noticed the same thing on my 2014 A5 with my iPhone X. So, even though I have the ringtone setting nearly all the way to MAX, that setting won't apply unless I change it with the phone ringing? Are you speaking about the thumbwheel control on the steering wheel or the ringtone volume control in the Telephone settings? Thanks!
Old 03-28-2020, 07:29 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Originally Posted by bpressmd
Hi,

Just noticed the same thing on my 2014 A5 with my iPhone X. So, even though I have the ringtone setting nearly all the way to MAX, that setting won't apply unless I change it with the phone ringing? Are you speaking about the thumbwheel control on the steering wheel or the ringtone volume control in the Telephone settings? Thanks!
Mine was fixed by cranking the car volume control, either via the steering wheel control or the one next to the shifter.