Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Joined the SB Family tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined the SB Family tonight!!!

Manhattan grey
PP+ Vents, Sline, Ash wood, Black Interior, 19" wheels

Old 06-07-2017, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man, it looks great!
Old 06-07-2017, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

Nice, seems like a lot of A6 owners are going to the A5 SB.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks I was hung up on the prestige or the LED and B&O that wasnt on the lot in PP+ but I test drove a prestige and glad I did.

HUD: Cool but a gadget. After 10min on the hiway I turned off, too much in my view to just see the speed. Cool but not worth extra $ to me.

Driver Assist. I would turn off most anyway but ACC looked cool. It was ok but I wouldn't use and the menu that stays on to adjust black the screen after a while it was too much and I turned off to see the VC.

LED Colors: In youtube and pics looks awesome and in person nice but not as in your face as I thought as a must have. I wanted it still but the white was cool too. One thing I noticed. The PP+ led turn red when I open the door. So they do have color changing which means it is a vagcom thing. I bet that can be flashed into it!!!

B&O I really thought I would miss this and was going to do a deal breaker. I didnt have great luck with the stereo in my A6. all his and no bass or lots of distortion and the sound stage always was off. The B&O had similiar feeling to me. It was clear and great his and mid bass was solid but it came all from the front drivers dash. When set to rear or faded to a little to rear the sound stage dropped off quick.

It sounded great and I played rock, metal, sirius and hip hop. great blend of mids and hi with some low end punch and great up to 80% plenty loud. Didnt sound like an extreme concert to me or nothing that made me **** my pants either.

Then I took same tracks into my car. Sound quality was different but not really worse. Sound stage was more balanced. Bass comes from the middle more. Bass is just as good don low but mids dont have as much punch but bad and not really difference under 50% volume. The overall sound stage I like better and the sound was much warmer less hi.

Volume levels at low and mid was same for both. Plenty of volume at low levels and sounded great on both. Cranked up it was good to 70% little less then B&O and broke up sooner on hi's but fine to me.

Since it was warmer and bass and stage was more neutral the rock I listen too sounded better to me. I think rap might sound tad better since it hits a little harder in the B&0

I thought would be deal breakers but to now a non-issue.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wanted one of these since I drove it in Italy back in 2013.
It has all the rooms of the A6 to me plus a bigger hatch/trunk.
The tech is WAY more modern and the feel is definitely more sport then cruise because it looks so much wider and sits lower.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aviator6
Nice, seems like a lot of A6 owners are going to the A5 SB.
All of us 3.0L A6 owners are going S5 SB. We just can't go from 6 to 4.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not all a6 owners are going s5 SB... fact lol :-)
Old 06-08-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
B&O I really thought I would miss this and was going to do a deal breaker. I didnt have great luck with the stereo in my A6. all his and no bass or lots of distortion and the sound stage always was off. The B&O had similiar feeling to me. It was clear and great his and mid bass was solid but it came all from the front drivers dash. When set to rear or faded to a little to rear the sound stage dropped off quick.
Instead of using the fader, did you try adjusting the "SURROUND LEVEL" to make the sound stage seem like it is larger? The DSP Sound Focus can also be adjusted to "Driver", "Front" or "ALL". The Fader will not be as useful when trying to tune in the right sound stage you want.

I know the bass quality and it is somewhat lacking especially when music with deep bass tracks are on. But, for most listening, I am fine with it. I still wish for it to have a little bit more ooomph!
Old 06-08-2017, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

No I didn't play with settings much. I just drove home my new non b&o ride and the stereo is pretty awesome. Listening to below half volume it's sounds great full range great mids and highs. Above half the mids hit surprisingly harder then expected and there is good low end bass. Lots of simulated bass since it rolls off for down low but it's sounds great for a stock system.

i will leave it alone and enjoy it.

Now need tint for sure and want a black grill and maybe black out trim. Wheels I will wait

I might want an intake and not chip
Old 06-08-2017, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
I might want an intake and not chip...
Just be sure to avoid any that the filter needs to be oiled like K&N, that will reek havoc on your MAF sensor...I recently added a Volant CAI to my Duramax diesel and I opted for their Donaldson PowerCore filter that doesn't use oil and is good for 100k before it needs to be blown out...don't know if they even make one for this model.
Volant

Quick Reply: Joined the SB Family tonight!!!