Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Just picked up Ibis White S5 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
White and black is certainly in-your-face and makes a bold statement...

That is one nice looking car. I wonder why you are going with the S5
Old 08-10-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jadenzzf
Damn. Its worth it though. You have an excellent car exactly how you want it XD...
Yes, giving up a lot of performance in the Jaguar (only the base 340hp supercharged V6) and will miss this car to death when it leaves my hands but I am so looking forward to making the switch to the S5, I know in my heart it's the right car for me.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That is one nice looking car. I wonder why you are going with the S5...
Most people ask that,lol.

Obviously drop dead sexy from every angle, that's what drew me to it in the first place. Hard car to live with on a daily basis based on outward visibility and I didn't order it the high-dollar vision pack with all the cameras and sensors...pretty much a must-have on a car like this, very hard to judge the corners properly.

That and the local PD have a hard-on for it, been lit up twice now with the wife in the car and got popped for going 90 in a 65 new years day 2016 so wifey would probably be glad to see it gone too,lol.

I'm concerned that the S5 won't have the off-the-line acceleration I'm used to but I've got other toys to scratch that itch if needed, what I really love about this car is the interior...heads and shoulders better than the Jaguar and really, no other car to turn to in their line-up for me so here I am,lol.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Most people ask that,lol.

Obviously drop dead sexy from every angle, that's what drew me to it in the first place. Hard car to live with on a daily basis based on outward visibility and I didn't order it the high-dollar vision pack with all the cameras and sensors...pretty much a must-have on a car like this, very hard to judge the corners properly.

That and the local PD have a hard-on for it, been lit up twice now with the wife in the car and got popped for going 90 in a 65 new years day 2016 so wifey would probably be glad to see it gone too,lol.

I'm concerned that the S5 won't have the off-the-line acceleration I'm used to but I've got other toys to scratch that itch if needed, what I really love about this car is the interior...heads and shoulders better than the Jaguar and really, no other car to turn to in their line-up for me so here I am,lol.
Yeah the S5 does have the best in line interior. I live in a college town where the local police are not too friendly with fancy car drivers. I am hoping the S5 could get below 4s 0-60 with a few performance mods. I mean 4.4 is already really good. (I used to drive a 6s). I have never driven an F-type so I don't know how it's like. But I would say the S5 is a lot of fun to drive. Are you thinking about modding it?
Old 08-10-2017, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah the S5 does have the best in line interior. I live in a college town where the local police are not too friendly with fancy car drivers. I am hoping the S5 could get below 4s 0-60 with a few performance mods. I mean 4.4 is already really good. (I used to drive a 6s). I have never driven an F-type so I don't know how it's like. But I would say the S5 is a lot of fun to drive. Are you thinking about modding it?
No mods that I can think of, I'm leasing the car so I don't want to get too far off track. I love the 19" Cavo wheels and I actually prefer the grille and brightwork to stand out against blue versus wrapping those in black so I think I'm good...