MMI Directory not showing any of my contact addresses - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A5 / S5 / RS 5 Coupe & Cabrio > Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9)
Reload this Page >

MMI Directory not showing any of my contact addresses

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

MMI Directory not showing any of my contact addresses

Old 09-15-2018, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default MMI Directory not showing any of my contact addresses

When I go to MMI Navigation -> Directory, each and every single one of my contact says "No address stored." When I check my phone all those contacts have addresses. I have a Galaxy S7 running Android 8. I have already tried removing and repairing the phone. Also tried deleting all contacts and re-downloading them. Also checked the Bluetooth permission to make sure the car has access to all my calls, media, contacts, and messages. Nothing worked so far.

It was working at one point but I haven't used that feature for a while and now I don't have access to any of the addresses. How do I get the addresses to show up in the directory?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luder888 View Post
When I go to MMI Navigation -> Directory, each and every single one of my contact says "No address stored." When I check my phone all those contacts have addresses. I have a Galaxy S7 running Android 8. I have already tried removing and repairing the phone. Also tried deleting all contacts and re-downloading them. Also checked the Bluetooth permission to make sure the car has access to all my calls, media, contacts, and messages. Nothing worked so far.

It was working at one point but I haven't used that feature for a while and now I don't have access to any of the addresses. How do I get the addresses to show up in the directory?
On pg 215 of the manual, it looks like you have to explicitly identify an address associated with a contact as a "destination."
Old 09-16-2018, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AgMaple View Post
On pg 215 of the manual, it looks like you have to explicitly identify an address associated with a contact as a "destination."
That was it. Not very intuitive but it worked!
Old 09-16-2018, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You should also be able to open any of your contacts and select the home or work address. That should then immediately create it as a destination and give you the option to save it.