Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

My 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback gets new shoes!

 
Old 05-14-2019, 11:34 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
mdrobc1213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On or over a base near you
Posts: 103
Default My 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback gets new shoes!

Okay have had prior good experiences with HRE as an aftermarket wheel makes and their Form Flow wheels have so far proven to be strong and economical from a purchase stand point as compared to some of their and other offerings from BBS and likewise. So as I enjoyed the HRE FF-115's that I had on my prior '15 BMW M3; I decided to give them a go for my new Audi RS5 SB. Ordering was easy and straightforward (thanks Kevin at ModBargins for the assist) and wheels arrived last week after intial order and custom pain/color. Went with Fog to match the Dayton Pearl Gray paint but without the sheen/luster that their Anthracite would have had. Perfect IMHO.

Just got back from dealership and install/swap out of my OEMs for a set of new HRE's FF-04 at 20x10.5" went well. HRE knocked it out the park..awesome fit and finish if you ask me turned out nicely. Many of the sales and service staff were impressed. I did decide to re-use my OEM Conti 275/30 ZR20 tires tthat came with my Black Optics and Dynamic Package upgrade upon delivery of the car last month. That worked out okay but I do think think I'll need to move up to 285/30 ZR20's to fit best on these 20x10.5" wheels. So look for my take off Conti's for sale soon on the forum likely as Tire Rack here i come. Anyway interested in thoughts and of course but so far so good! Enjoy these initial quick iPhone pics.


Prior '15 BMW M3 w/HRE FF15s

New goodies arrive!

Original label said Tarmac=color..had me worried for a min!


Custom color=Fog FF01s






Installed and ready 20x10.5 HRE FF01's plus spacers

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 05-14-2019 at 11:40 PM.
mdrobc1213 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:41 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Kansas City, MO area
Posts: 132
Default

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213 View Post
Okay have had prior good experiences with HRE as an aftermarket wheel makes and their Form Flow wheels have so far proven to be strong and economical from a purchase stand point as compared to some of their and other offerings from BBS and likewise. So as I enjoyed the HRE FF-115's that I had on my prior '15 BMW M3; I decided to give them a go for my new Audi RS5 SB. Ordering was easy and straightforward (thanks Kevin at ModBargins for the assist) and wheels arrived last week after intial order and custom pain/color. Went with Fog to match the Dayton Pearl Gray paint but without the sheen/luster that their Anthracite would have had. Perfect IMHO.

Just got back from dealership and install/swap out of my OEMs for a set of new HRE's FF-04 at 20x10.5" went well. HRE knocked it out the park..awesome fit and finish if you ask me turned out nicely. Many of the sales and service staff were impressed. I did decide to re-use my OEM Conti 275/30 ZR20 tires tthat came with my Black Optics and Dynamic Package upgrade upon delivery of the car last month. That worked out okay but I do think think I'll need to move up to 285/30 ZR20's to fit best on these 20x10.5" wheels. So look for my take off Conti's for sale soon on the forum likely as Tire Rack here i come. Anyway interested in thoughts and of course but so far so good! Enjoy these initial quick iPhone pics.


Prior '15 BMW M3 w/HRE FF15s

New goodies arrive!

Original label said Tarmac=color..had me worried for a min!


Custom color=Fog FF01s






Installed and ready 20x10.5 HRE FF01's plus spacers
Looks fantastic! Love the Daytona Gray with B/O Package and dark wheels. Makes the red calipers pop. Stealth all the way! +1!
KCTiger83 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:10 AM
  #3  
HA / KC / EЯ
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 151
Default

HOTTTTTTTT!
hevnsnt is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:57 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
mdrobc1213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On or over a base near you
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by KCTiger83 View Post
Looks fantastic! Love the Daytona Gray with B/O Package and dark wheels. Makes the red calipers pop. Stealth all the way! +1!
Thanks. Much appreciated. yeah fits the overall package I think w/Daytona Gray.
Originally Posted by hevnsnt View Post
HOTTTTTTTT!
A little spicy!
mdrobc1213 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 02:54 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Alex Platt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: 33486
Posts: 10
Default

Clean and Classy!
Alex Platt is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:49 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
audi40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RI
Posts: 1,134
Default

Originally Posted by Alex Platt View Post
Clean and Classy!
+1
audi40 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:22 AM
  #7  
Audiworld Basic Sponsor
 
Nemesis Autosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Delaware USA/Ottawa CA
Posts: 412
Default

Looks great! What size of spacers did you end up with? Look like 10 or 12mm?
Nemesis Autosport is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:48 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
mdrobc1213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On or over a base near you
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport View Post
Looks great! What size of spacers did you end up with? Look like 10 or 12mm?
Thanks. Went with 10mm all around. Not super aggressive but allows brake clearance without any rubbing.
mdrobc1213 is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 06:27 AM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
Deazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 145
Default

Those look really nice. A nice simple elegant design. That color will hide brake dust nicely and the design lends itself to easy cleaning with some wheel woolies. I may steal your idea for my sonoma RS. Probably in black though. Not loving the BO wheels.
Deazy is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
evanseric21
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9)
406
05-17-2019 04:24 AM
evanseric21
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9)
51
12-31-2018 03:35 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback gets new shoes!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: