Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

My new 2018 S5 (bought without much thinking)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 12:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 2018 S5 (bought without much thinking)

Dear All,

It has been years since I posted something in this forum. At that time living in sunny Florida, now back in rainy London (for my sins).

I recently went to an Audi dealership to but an A1 for my daughter who is off to Uni (college) and saw this S5 in the showroom, Without a second thought (which is very rare on me) I just bought it and we left with two Audis as opposed to one.

The color combination was for me perfect, I fell in love with the design (especially the interior), with the Quattro (good for England's slippery roads) and the great new engine (which's power becomes very relevant when driving to central London on a daily basis and going at 20 MPH bumper to bumper...). I have a smile in my face very morning when I hear the beautiful sound of my new S5.

Here are some pics,
Old 02-06-2018, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy in good health.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I once spent a week in Ireland with a RH drive car and managed to get along ok (exiting roundabouts were always an adventure though). Something about that interior picture just give me the heeby jebbies though. I can't imagine trying to operate the MMI controller with my left hand. I can barely make legible letters with my very dominant right hand. I don't even think I could work the climate control left handed!

Question for those who live in RH drive parts of the world, when you have to drive in a LH drive vehicle, do you find it easier to work the controls and the gear shift with your right hand, or are you just so used to left handed controls that it makes no difference?
Old 02-06-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful color combo...was surprised to not see Magma Red interior.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That would have been stunning, but I also like the more understated black interior
Old 02-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
I once spent a week in Ireland with a RH drive car and managed to get along ok (exiting roundabouts were always an adventure though). Something about that interior picture just give me the heeby jebbies though. I can't imagine trying to operate the MMI controller with my left hand. I can barely make legible letters with my very dominant right hand. I don't even think I could work the climate control left handed!

Question for those who live in RH drive parts of the world, when you have to drive in a LH drive vehicle, do you find it easier to work the controls and the gear shift with your right hand, or are you just so used to left handed controls that it makes no difference?
It really makes no difference. I have to confess though that after living in the US for 6 years and now back in England (with frequent visits back to Florida), I need to be extra alert on the first days in each country not to get in the wrong lane in a two way street. That is the tricky part.