Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

My New 2019 S5 SportBack Quantum Gray

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 02:14 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

This was the list that a member posted last year

”HIOFFCR

GOES4ME

DONEW8N

WONTBL8

TSTDRVR

STNTDRV

IT CAN

IT DOES

NOTSRRY

ODE2SPD

QKSTART

DO4NOW

GO FAST

AUDI S5

AUDI B9”

I applied for “HIOFFCR”. NJ flat out denied that one. I then selected “GOES4ME” which NJ found more palatable — so that’s what’s on my S5 here.

Last edited by Nikon1; 05-27-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
I applied for “HIOFFCR”. NJ flat out denied that one. I then selected “GOES4ME” which NJ found more palatable — so that’s what’s on my S5 here.
That's a fun plate for an S4.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

If you lived in southern Cal, AUDIOS would work.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions.

In in the meantime, how do I get more of that pop and crackle? I mainly drive individual with sound and engine at dynamic and in auto.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 647 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Baekhyun
Thanks for the suggestions.

In in the meantime, how do I get more of that pop and crackle? I mainly drive individual with sound and engine at dynamic and in auto.
If you're keeping in individual but putting the engine in dynamic, just be sure that you pull the gear selector down into "S" and not the default "D". That will give you true dynamic/sport mode (or just put drive select into dynamic). That's the way to get a little more crackling and pops from the exhaust.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
If you're keeping in individual but putting the engine in dynamic, just be sure that you pull the gear selector down into "S" and not the default "D". That will give you true dynamic/sport mode (or just put drive select into dynamic). That's the way to get a little more crackling and pops from the exhaust.
Does it? In my individual mode I set everything to dynamic but I still want engine auto start/stop to work, so I set engine/transmission to auto but engine sound to dynamic. Doesn't engine sound alone give you all the pops?
Old 05-28-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there anything I have to do with giving a bit gas to pop? I noticed it mainly pops when it upshifts and downshifts. Or when it reaches a higher rpm and I let go the throttle.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Does it? In my individual mode I set everything to dynamic but I still want engine auto start/stop to work, so I set engine/transmission to auto but engine sound to dynamic. Doesn't engine sound alone give you all the pops?
If you have engine/trans set to dynamic under individual, you will only get the exhaust pops (or at least more of them) if you shift the gear selector to S (it will default to D regardless of how you have Individual set up). Just tap the selector down twice and you'll be in S "dynamic" with the start/stop enabled.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Baekhyun
Is there anything I have to do with giving a bit gas to pop? I noticed it mainly pops when it upshifts and downshifts. Or when it reaches a higher rpm and I let go the throttle.
Nope, that's exactly when it will pop.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

If you have engine/trans set to dynamic under individual, you will only get the exhaust pops (or at least more of them) if you shift the gear selector to S (it will default to D regardless of how you have Individual set up). Just tap the selector down twice and you'll be in S "dynamic" with the start/stop enabled.
Manual also works I think?

Quick Reply: My New 2019 S5 SportBack Quantum Gray