my S5 Sportback is growing on me... - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

my S5 Sportback is growing on me...

Old 04-13-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default my S5 Sportback is growing on me...

Since spring arrived (well, in theory) and I got past 4000 km mileage (back to day one) has improved 5% from 10.5 l/100 km to 10 l/100 km over the past 2000 km. That suggests that I've been running at about 9.2 l/100 km or 25.6 mpg this spring which is excellent. And the throttle in Auto/Drive is feeling better to me, although I may be adapting more than the throttle is. But damned if this car doesn't look big! I was parked beside a B8.5 S4 in Nardo Grey last week and while I know that there is little difference in the overall dimensions my S5 looked big and swollen by comparison. And while I know the front view is typical Audi and rear is very different, the side profile is very Fusion to my eye.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

While mpg has not improved for me yet as I'm still just breaking in the car, my experience with throttle response has improved as I've gotten more used to it. I recently drove the BMW 440i which uses the same ZF transmission and I found it did do a better job, but sadly, the rest of the car was worse than the S5.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NoMoreBMWs View Post
And while I know the front view is typical Audi and rear is very different, the side profile is very Fusion to my eye.
Time to get your eyes checked? They are both hatchbacks - but beyond that design element, the lines and proportions are actually quite different:

Last edited by Jon63; 04-13-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default the Fusion is not a hatchback...

Originally Posted by Jon63 View Post
Time to get your eyes checked? They are both hatchbacks - but beyond that design element, the lines and proportions are actually quite different:
But it is a fine looking sedan! I was actually joking: after 24 years of driving BMWs I'm working on my eye for Audis.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jon63 View Post

I had a Fusion as a company car and I can confirm it is not a hatchback. The lines in the hood I would admit are similar but in real life the S5 Sportback is much better looking than the Fusion.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default the Audi is subtle...

Originally Posted by Chiefan11 View Post
I had a Fusion as a company car and I can confirm it is not a hatchback. The lines in the hood I would admit are similar but in real life the S5 Sportback is much better looking than the Fusion.
With the lower, longer front hood, shortened rear deck and perfectly balanced overhangs it betrays its German sports sedan bloodlines, but perhaps only to the practiced eye.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoMoreBMWs View Post
the side profile is very Fusion to my eye.
I may be in the minority here - but I actually think the Fusion is a damn nice looking car. Perhaps one of the best looking family sedans that Ford has ever produced. I still remember the first time I saw the newly redesigned second gen for the first time around 2012. I was absolutely shocked that it was a Ford and that they finally managed to design a good looking car. So every time I hear someone compare an A5 to a Fusion I take that as high praise for the Audi designers.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak View Post
I may be in the minority here - but I actually think the Fusion is a damn nice looking car. Perhaps one of the best looking family sedans that Ford has ever produced. I still remember the first time I saw the newly redesigned second gen for the first time around 2012. I was absolutely shocked that it was a Ford and that they finally managed to design a good looking car. So every time I hear someone compare an A5 to a Fusion I take that as high praise for the Audi designers.
Agree with you, it is one of the few cars on the road that cause me to take a second look!
Old 04-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chiefan11 View Post
My bad - I always thought the Fusion was a hatchback, but I now see it's not. Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by synergize View Post
Agree with you, it is one of the few cars on the road that cause me to take a second look!
Agreed - the Fusion is a pretty nice looking car - though the S5 SB is much nicer looking (at least imho).

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: