Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Need a key holder

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
You can code a longer delay via OBD11/VCD. I haven't done it yet, but I have been meaning to because the A5 seems way more sensitive than my MY14 Q5 fob. I took a screenshot of the coding, but it's on one of the threads in this forum.
It's in the google doc thread started by HotIce:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...018-a-2954987/

Reminds me I need to do it. Only happened to me once a few weeks ago. Getting ready to head out to dinner with the wife, walked into the garage and the lid was open (to our surprise).

Increase time required to open trunk lid with remote key

Description: How long you have to press the open trunk button in the key fob before it opens. Might prevent accidental opening if the fob is in your pants.
  • Central Convenience (46)
  • Adaptation 10
  • Scroll down and find channel "Time for opening rear lid with remote control"
  • Load Stored Value (should be 800 ms)
  • Enter new value in "ms". Example: 2000, Max: 5000
  • Click Do It
Old 02-16-2019, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm an old man, I don't wear tight pants. My belt is up under my armpits however.....

I like the OBD change. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2019, 07:56 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Join us Geezers. Great Comeback!
Old 02-16-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can slide the key fob (skinnier side down, buttons facing you) into the spot between the two front prongs in the cup holder and it holds it perfectly. I've used it before, but it does require that you have minimal other keys with your key fob.

Originally Posted by Dr. D
At first I just put the key in my pocket. Too often the SB open button would get hit the SB would open at the silliest time. I put the key in a holder from my wife’s Lexus and that reduced the issue. Today not only the SB opened but the alarm sounded.

Is is there a hard key holder to keep this from happening?
Old 02-16-2019, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Join us Geezers. Great Comeback!
Other than self declared Nikon1 and Dr.D how many geezers are here - I wonder.

Unless I am leaving the car with a valet I always have the FOB in my pant side pocket. With the FOB holder no unintended SB opening since November 2017. I do make sure the FOB key side is away from the body the phone is behind the FOB closer to the body.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
Other than self declared Nikon1 and Dr.D how many geezers are here - I wonder.
Well I guess that would depend on your definition of geezers. I’m not collecting SS yet...............but I could.

Last edited by NJS5; 02-16-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:06 PM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by NJS5

Well I guess that would depend on your definition of geezers. I’m not collecting SS yet...............but I could.
Well, in my mind (not my body) “Geezer” is 65 & Older as a number! I’ll turn 67 (number only) next week. And, I am retired, collecting Social Security and on Medicare.

I’m still driving a Coupe; not sitting in the left-hand lane doing the speed limit; turning right-on-red when safe and legal; not stopping in the doorway after entering a grocery store; not afraid to pass slow moving traffic when it’s safe; fully able to use an ATM without reading the instructions. AND — always park in the. Idle of the parking space — never over or “on” the lines. Always return the shopping cart to the shopping cart area — never leave it in the next parking space!

We do find ourselves going out to early dinners — but mainly to avoid the families who think it’s “cute” to let their curtain climbers run around and disturb the other patrons.

That’s my definition and how I define my own “geezer-hood.” As always, YMMV!

— John

Last edited by Nikon1; 02-17-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

turning right-on-red when safe and legal;
Wait are there people out there who DON'T do this?
Old 02-17-2019, 03:55 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by Rius
Wait are there people out there who DON'T do this?
In South Jersey, mostly the “Q-Tips” (old people, who drive old Buick’s and all you see is their grey / white hair over the seatbacks) refuse to turn right-on-red. New Jersey is a “right-on-red” optional state and they will stubbornly sit at a red light, in the right turn only lane, waiting for a green light. And because it’s optional to turn right on red — any honking the driver behind does is considered “aggressive driving” and a LEO can ticket the honking driver. I’ve never heard of that ticket being issued, but, it could be done.

Last edited by Nikon1; 02-17-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In South Jersey, mostly the “Q-Tips” (old people, who drive old Buick’s and all you see is their grey / white hair over the seatbacks) refuse to turn right-on-red. New Jersey is a “right-on-red” optional state and they will stubbornly sit at a red light, in the right turn only lane, waiting for a green light. And because it’s optional to turn right on red — any honking the driver behind does is considered “aggressive driving” and a LEO can ticket the honking driver. I’ve never heard of that ticket being issued, but, it could be done.

Wow....this would drive me nuts. Making a mental note to never move to South Jersey for my mental health

Quick Reply: Need a key holder