Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New 2019 RS5 Sportback for me

Old 03-24-2019, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
Default New 2019 RS5 Sportback for me

So...my 2014 Range Rover SC found a new home at Audi this weekend. Yeah after my 3rd trip in the past 4 weeks to my local Audi dealership they wore me down this afternoon and well the deal/dirty deed as some may call it is done. Will take delivery later this week of a 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback that was languishing in their inventory! LOL. Car is nicely optioned [as I wanted] w/Daytona Pearl Gray. Black Optics, Dynamic, RS Drivers Assistance, Fine Nappa Leather w/red cross stitching [wanted rock gray but for some reason like all the Daytona's out there have red-cross stitching?], and B&O 3D stereo packages. Ended up with a little over 6% off sticker [max I saw was 10% from someone on this or Audizine form – knew the owners I think] plus Audi care ($999) and window tint included. Declined the wheel care & dent protection package, paint protection, extended warranty [are you serious on a 2019?] and like five other things they [sales/finance mgr] kindly tried to package into the deal! Was like “no-no-no….you don’t love me and I know” as the song goes! LOL

Overall the RS5 is a very nice vehicle…I drove it last week [Nardo Gray one optioned a bit more] and it’s a rocket; client adviser said put it in dynamic and sport and floor it going on an on ramp and shyt I was cresting 90+ mph before the merge almost! Had to check myself cause I know he must have thought I was crazy and also wasn’t gonna pay the ticket I may have received. Even saw a YouTube video of a guy besting an M4 in one. Nice! Then again it was the Brits doing the driving. But second video is just embarrassing guys! Rolling start seems to work better for the Mercedes and BMW models! 😊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7svlYe84OOE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNuoBtGSyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpRLb9Rf1do

Anyway coupe vs Sportback? Well it is the best of both worlds IMHO. Choice of sports coupe vs sports sedan vs sporty SUV reminded me of my last Audi a 2012 A7 Sportback which I desperately wanted to be a bit faster and less bulky…kinda like the CLS or A7 but with better size package…not too big…not too small ya know is what I wanted. Had a 2012 BMW 550i and modded it to death and loved that car was as close to an M5 as I or Dinan could get it but it did have some size. Had a 2014 BMW Grand Coupe and the size drove me mad; then BMW made the 4 series Grand Coupe but no performance versions (i.e. no M Grand Coupe although they make everything else in M now right Joe?). So other than the 2014 RS7 in Nardo Gray at the Seattle Auto Show that still has my heart man and the 2019 RS5 Sportback they had in stock [was about $3-4k more due to special upgraded RS wheel and cold weather packages] that was its twin lil brother....I figured the RS5 SB fit what I needed/wanted for me. So on price point and color more importantly had to decline the Nardo Gray RS5 as the wife thought it was hideous (yeah I know..not her car!) and refused to ride in it...even the test drive. LOL So I went with the Daytona Pearl Gray as it was much more mature looking, a bit more under the radar…what I call “getting my grown man on” look! LOL

They did have 2 RS5 coupes...and they would have given me a killer deal on a 2018 RS5 coupe they had left over but it was 1) Misano Red (I don’t do red cars – my Orange Range Rover Sport was pushing it) and 2) It was $95k almost! Not sure how much of a discount would have made that even look right but they were hinting they’d be aggressive if I wanted to take it off their hands! LOL Would have to wrap it so no thanks but there are deals to be had on 2018s out there.

So what about the Range...will I miss it? Hmm Range Rover Sport v8 has a great engine. Its great on power, has that v8 sound and lots of leather and space and you can pull a tank almost. But gas mileage sucked (12-14 max daily driving it) and the 4x4 AWD go everywhere off the road part? Well is okay and I didn’t get stuck over two Midwest winters…but it DID get me stuck in the snow back off the side of the road about a month ago during snow storm #4080 here in Feb! Wasn’t going anywhere in a 1.5 ft snow bank half on road and half in the grass/grave/off road! Man I went thru ALL the AWD programs on-board and raised the car too! Nada! And it was like 7pm in the evening and dark in the middle of a raging blizzard. Thank god…a good ole boy happened along in a Chevy or was it a Dodge[not an expert] 4x4 pickup with a bit of a lift kit to yank me out by the rear tow hitch (which he did quite easily with a tow strap). So embarrassing! ☹

So yeah am done with the Range experience and experiment...hell my BMWs held value better and were less quirky. Am back to the land of Ingolstat and the Four Rings I am for a while! Hope I am happy..given our current vehicle history myself and spouse (Porsche Carrera x4, Porsche Cayenne, BMW M3 x2, Porsche Boxter, Porsche Cayman S, BMW X5M, Audi A7, Audi A4, BMW Z4M, BMW 550i, BMW 650ix and oh yeah a Nissan Sentra [where it all began] I hope the RS5 fits the bill. Here's a few pre-delivery pics.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:02 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Very nice looking car — sure to help your “grown man on” look but with enough excitement to keep that “kid” in you happy!

— John
Old 03-24-2019, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Very nice looking car — sure to help your “grown man on” look but with enough excitement to keep that “kid” in you happy!

— John
Yeah I hope so....one question for the prior owners. Is it like BMW with their M cars where it needs to be brought in after 1000 miles or so to be unlocked and receive a break in oil change and maintenance? I remember that was always a stickler with my BMWs and Porche's to a degree but never owned an RS so not sure what to expect from Audi Sport!