Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New A5 owners color and power vs s5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
So I have a a6 c7 now. Love it. But I love the A7 and the new a5 SB looks like an awesome mix of price and A7 styling and the new technology is finally worth the upgrade to me.

I was sold on the s5 SB. I have the 3.0T now and I knew the old 2.0 was too slow when I test drove so figured teh same. I test drove a new 2.0 A5 SB and WOW it was fast. M/T said it is 5.0 flat and mid 13s ET. That is faster then my car was stock. And it feels like it too, torque was awesome and pinned you back nicely and the tranny is LIGHTYEARS ahead of my ZF 8 speed. Which I think is the same one in the new S5. I like the 7speed much better.

So for those in same boat and driven A5/S5 is there a huge performance diff? I am thinking a .7-1.0 sec in numbers but for 90% street daily is it noticeable?

Also the option on the S are not what I like. The alcantra seats are cool but I wouldn't get them in FL for a daily with kids as well. So you have to pay extra to get leather for the same seats that are standard in the A5.

I also wouldn't get the adaptive damper or steering in either A5 or S5 it drove great to me and didn't seem worth the $4000k. Same for the red calipers at $2500 (plus you lose the leather option)

so that said a s5 is around 64k sticker if you order but most are $68k on the lot and same options are 52k in a a5.

so for 12k-16k more its the dual tips, and engine. since the interior would look the same minus some bits and dash screen (which I am sure will be a vagcom)

Talking myself into a 2.0 but wonder for those that drove both or bought the 2.0 instead how is the performance at the lights and launch?

Color wise I like the S5 nardo which isnt available the other colors are the same for A5 or S5 which is nice and easier decision too.

I am looking at Manhattan Grey or Midnight Blue anyone get those with rims on yet?
Are you in Brandon off of Causeway? Think you live in the same complex as my boy. He has an S550 and Black Range
Old 06-03-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I am in south tampa.

I test drove some more today. Had a good deal on PP+ Manhattan Grey and Monsoon Grey. I have not seen the Monsoon yet but it looks lighter. Thoughts? The midnight looks great in person dark and has metal in it that pops.

My trade was screwed though upside down more then I thought. I think I wil trade or sell my trans am out too. If I can get 3-5k out of my 2 cars and put 4k down I should have a super low lease or finance payment
Old 06-03-2017, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
No I am in south tampa.

I test drove some more today. Had a good deal on PP+ Manhattan Grey and Monsoon Grey. I have not seen the Monsoon yet but it looks lighter. Thoughts? The midnight looks great in person dark and has metal in it that pops.

My trade was screwed though upside down more then I thought. I think I wil trade or sell my trans am out too. If I can get 3-5k out of my 2 cars and put 4k down I should have a super low lease or finance payment
I grew up in Tampa. Dana Shores across from Rocky Point Golf Course, but that's beside the point. I would go for Monsoon Grey. I find Manhattan Grey too dark with really no reflective qualities. Just my opinion.