Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New AWE exhaust is amazing sound and performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
Can anyone speak to the sound of the AWE Touring during highway driving? Any droning or resonance that could be an annoyance? Thanks!
Old 04-03-2018, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Finally got around to getting the AWE Touring Exhaust, 034 Motorsports Rear Sway Bar, and 034 Motorsports Rear Subframe Mount Inserts installed at TAG Motorsports today (awesome service). Had every intention to do it myself but buddy's lift is occupied by a project car that could not be removed.

Crappy pics, she's a dirty girl at the moment, but now a bit of a screamer! 😉

I think I will move the tips a bit closer in, they set em' up rather aggressive but sounds awesomesauce. 😀
Old 04-04-2018, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup but I agree I would move the tips in.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Do the bafflers still work after this? I.e. where the sound can be changed via drive mode?
Yes, from I read on AWE website and the sound still can be changed via drive mode.
The sound is amazing and I love it, I just had the car for a month and still want to enjoy stock pipe, probably next year, I'll do it.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

I really like that setup Snake! I will be doing an exhaust soon too.
Like you mentioned, pushing the tips in 1.5-2" will help a lot!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

I installed the track exhaust with two AWE resonators (normally it is just straight pipes) and it is insanely loud. It is fine driving at highway speeds and when you are pushing it, but around the city the drone is unbearable. Mostly from 10-30 mph, it will cause vibrations so strong it will shake some stuff on the inside of the car. But otherwise, the sound is fantastic if you get some open road.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhova1
Hi All,
Can anyone speak to the sound of the AWE Touring during highway driving? Any droning or resonance that could be an annoyance? Thanks!
A few days after installation I can offer the following insight, others might chime in. Overall, I really love it and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Initially I thought it was a bit louder than expected on a cold start, however after a few days I think it's fantastic. I primarily drive in Sport or Manual mode, therefore typically the revs are a little higher on the freeway than in "D". There is very little if any drone in Sport mode at highway speed. In general, it seems to me that if there is any minimal drone it's between 1,600-2,000 RPM, right where the car ends up on the freeway in "D" when in 8th gear. It's very minimal though, but as soon as I put the car in "S" and the revs get above 2,000 RPM that low end hummmmm goes away. It actually seems a lil more mellow on the freeway than around town, but damn does the car sound good. It's kind of addicting, I just want to keep driving to hear it. It really is a somewhat "exotic" sound.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

is there a way to keep the stock exhaust tips and add the AWE touring? Is it even worth doing that? I personally think stock exhaust tips look "in design" with the rest of the car.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Reading through this thread and drooling over the AWE exhaust systems so I jumped to their web site and was happy to discover they are just about in my backyard! The icing on the cake is they do customer installs!

Yes I can foresee a trip over the bridge and through the woods off to AWE I go!
Old 05-12-2018, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Only_S5
is there a way to keep the stock exhaust tips and add the AWE touring? Is it even worth doing that? I personally think stock exhaust tips look "in design" with the rest of the car.
Same here. These stick out too far and look ugly to me. IMO.

Quick Reply: New AWE exhaust is amazing sound and performance