Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New S5 Cab Prestige is Here

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S5 Cab Prestige is Here

the new cab arrived at the dealer and we went and saw her.

florett silver
black ventilated seats
carbon enlays
the only option not on it is dynamic steering (had this on the RS5 and reslly wasn’t noticeable to me unless doing tracklike maneuvers. The wife She won’t miss it.)

Traded in the 2015 RS5 which my wife never drove. She can’t wait to get her hands on this car.

Amazing how much the texh gizmos, MMI, cameras, XM radio has changed in three years.

the car will be fully prepped by Friday noon. The guy who does the hard wiring for the radar detector is off until then. In the meantime putting extensive 3M and window tinting to keep rhe sun off the black seats even though they are ventilated.

Also all season radials will be installed to replace the summer tires on the 19.5” rims.

looking forward to summer top down driving. The car was at another dealer and had every option l wanted except the adaptive steering which really is no big deal. Ordering one would be a 90 day wait. This was the only silver prestige in the US.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice! Be sure to post up pics upon delivery. You're going to love it!

I too went with all options except dynamic steering, and I don't miss it. For normal spiriting driving, the steering feels great....no regrets.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats. Post pics of the seats , wanna see how the ventilatied seats look
Old 05-28-2018, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Omaralt
Congrats. Post pics of the seats , wanna see how the ventilatied seats look
I will post pics as soon as l get the car. It has been at thr dealer for a week and they haven’t put on the all weather radials which also arrived last Monday.

They told me that the guy who did the hard wiring on my V1 radar detector would not be in unrtil friday so l could have the car at noon. Noon came and went and they said l could have the car at 5:30 pm. But they still hadn’t put the all weather tires on the car. They would put them on Saturday morning.

They called Saturday morning and said the tires were on and l could pick up the car. I ASKED IF THE RADAR DETECTOR WAS WORKING. HE SAID THEY HAD TO ORDER A KIT AS THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE THE V1 WAS INSTALLED IN THE RS5 (which they had to have to transfer the detector and wiring). I told them l was tired of getting jerked around and would pick up the car WHEN EVERYTHING WAS DONE. And also give them my Porsche trade-in.

l have never purchaed a car from this dealership. But have had the service work done on the S4 and the RS5. Only had one problem. They didn’t have the right fluids for the RS5 so they gave me a loaner new Q7 and then delivered my car when the service was done. So l did not have to make an extra trip and did not have to put extra miles on my car. That was nice. It is 45 miles from Aspen to Glenwood Springs where the dealership is.

The ventilated seats are not as bad looking as they were in 2014 when we got the S4. That was really ugly.

None of the S5 seat color choices are light in shade. The lightest is the gray which is pretty dark. The only ventilated seat color is black. So we are tinting the windows and using a windshield shade to keep the sun off the seats. Colorado is very sunny. We do have a garage and a car port. But sometimes you have to park the car outside during the day when shopping, etc.

so l will post pics including the seats when l get the car. Dealer says it takes two days to order the kit.

Last edited by PhilNotHill; 05-28-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here is my ventilated seat on drivers side.

Black
Old 06-01-2018, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

After one day of ownership must say l am very impressed. The car is faster than l imagined. Driving in the twisty Colorado mountains in DYNAMIC mode. The car rides much better than my traded in 2015 RS5. Managed 100 mph with the top down, windows down and the rear wind blocker up. The seat belt flapped in an annoying way. Next time the windows will be up. Of course, the car did not feel as planted as the 15 RS5. But then with the top down it felt faster.

MMI has some nice new features which l am having fun learning. Nice to be able to see that you are doing 100 and see that the limit is 55 without taking yours eyes off the road thanks to the heads up display. Caution this hard to see if you are wearing polarized lenses.

Each key will allow you to set your own preselected music stations ...50. Also you can pair two phones. Only one can be phoning at a time. But either can receive or male calls which is great if two people drive the car. (My Ferrari can pair eight phones but can’t see how this feature sould ever be used in a two seater. Maybe each person in ltaly carry 3 or 4 phones. )

not impressed with lane assist feature. But you can turn it off. YAY

the stop start feature has to be turned off every time you start the car. This is an annoying but not fatal feature.

the rear seat headrests had to be removed as they are fugly. We found out the hard way this is a two person job. They will not be put back on the seats until we trade the car. The back seats are folded down and the OEM wind blocker is installed. The wind blocker works well at high speeds buts makes it too hot at slow speeds. Luckily slow speeds are a rare occurence with me as pilot. (ln the 3.5 years we had the RS5 no one ever sat in the back seat. And no one will sit in the S5 back seat unless it is a small child for a very SHORT ride.)

Drove the car last night. Red lighting interior setting was stunning. Cudos to Audi for including this feature. Headlights are very bright and the auto dimming feature really works. One person flashed at me even though they were in DIM mode.

The neck warmers work well. High is needed at high speeds. Low or off is needed at slow speeds. The car has a heated steering wheel but it’s too warm to use it even at night.

Last edited by PhilNotHill; 06-01-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill

the stop start feature has to be turned off every time you start the car. This is an annoying but not fatal feature.

I'm not fortunate enough to have an RS5, but in the A5 driving in "S" instead of "D" the stop/start is disabled.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld
I'm not fortunate enough to have an RS5, but in the A5 driving in "S" instead of "D" the stop/start is disabled.
Good to know. Thanks.

Wonder whether it is disabled in manual mode?
I will check this out.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilNotHill
The seat belt flapped in an annoying way. Next time the windows will be up.
Fully agree with your assessment regarding the seat belt starting to annoyingly flap at reasonable speed... it actually hurts the shoulder a bit because of the motion. Wish there was a way to fix it. Other than that my car is great... (A5 Cab).
Old 06-02-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Owners manual says stop start function works only in D P N. Thus it doesn’t work in S M.

Quick Reply: New S5 Cab Prestige is Here