Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New to this world!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New to this world!

Hi Guys,

Just bought myself a S5 sportback and officially joined the forums. (Even though ive been stalking them for a while now as a guest). Planning on starting my list of mods on the car with some spaces to give it a little more aggressive stance and am unsure of which size to get. Ive seen some people get 10mm all around and some do 10/12. Is that the consensus from people to have a more aggressive look going 10 in front and 12 in back?

Also, my planned future mod list includes in case anyone cares lol:

-Air intake
-ABT tune (possibly need intercooler to get most out of it it sounds like?)
-chrome black out
-RS front bumper

Any other mods to not break the bank that is "needed"?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also, here's a pic of my new baby
Old 06-14-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SD->DC
Any other mods to not break the bank that is "needed"?
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

Not actually a mod, per se, but get an ODBII, as I'm sure you'll want to personalize a lot of the options on the car if you are doing the list that you presented. Just changing the VC so it displays the gear you're in while in D or S, was worth the price to me (but I've done many other changes.)
Old 06-14-2019, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

Not actually a mod, per se, but get an ODBII, as I'm sure you'll want to personalize a lot of the options on the car if you are doing the list that you presented. Just changing the VC so it displays the gear you're in while in D or S, was worth the price to me (but I've done many other changes.)
Is that available under OBDeleven or Carista? I have both from my B8, but haven't had a chance to use them with the S5 yet.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Is that available under OBDeleven or Carista? I have both from my B8, but haven't had a chance to use them with the S5 yet.
Can't speak for Carista, as I have OBDeleven, so that change was obviously available via ODBII. Reference the link below for a complete list of known changes you can make via ODBII:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...018-a-2954987/
Old 06-14-2019, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks!

And oh that is a good idea, ill check it out! I have an OBD reader but not a programmer so probably worth the investment, thanks!
Old 06-14-2019, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I’d invest in tint and clear bra. Saves headache later down the road from those trucks -.-
Old 06-14-2019, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Baekhyun
I’d invest in tint and clear bra. Saves headache later down the road from those trucks -.-
Yes if you look at the picture I posted it already has full 3m tint around and the windshield has a clear tint that blocks uv rays. And yes I am planning on doing a front bra and ceramic coat.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SD->DC
Yes if you look at the picture I posted it already has full 3m tint around and the windshield has a clear tint that blocks uv rays. And yes I am planning on doing a front bra and ceramic coat.
Ah my bad! Totally didn’t see that. I’m planning on doing ceramic coating after my 6 months complimentary coating kinda fades. Now, I’m trying to find a shop to install EMD’s RS style grille.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I went with 12/15 spacers from ECS and they are great! I also have the ABT piggy (arguably overpriced compared to JB4 but I got a "deal" on it and wanted the ABT / Audi "partnership") and it helps. As far as intercooler, I have the APR one but since you can't at all tweak the ABT piggyback as opposed to JB4 it honestly doesn't do much unless you repeatedly hammer the car. In that case it can help maintain lower intake temps. If you go ABT piggy, unless they changed something I would put my money elsewhere when it comes to intercooler. I think my favorite mod to date has been the AWE Touring exhaust 😃👍