Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

obdeleven

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default obdeleven

fired it up today for the first time in few months. was looking to turn on the scandinavian drl's for my rear tail lights since I just had the clear blackline version installed. noticed that there are a lot more apps in the S5 section. even one for turning off the amber indicators which makes no sense since in the US they remain amber anyway. also added the RS5 g meter to the display as an option. it does display but doesnt do anything. I doubt that the S5 has a g meter in it but in case it does is there a way to turn it on? very pleasantly surprised that they added so many apps. even have the gear display available in drive or in sport mode now and it works.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
I doubt that the S5 has a g meter in it but in case it does is there a way to turn it on?
I made the same change manually a while ago and got the same result. There was a post from someone saying that the S4/S5 don't have the accelerometer hardware.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

fired it up today for the first time in few months. was looking to turn on the scandinavian drl's for my rear tail lights since I just had the clear blackline version installed. noticed that there are a lot more apps in the S5 section. even one for turning off the amber indicators which makes no sense since in the US they remain amber anyway.
At night you don't see any amber in your headlights, I like the clean look. Agreed, that in daytime it doesn't really matter.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
I made the same change manually a while ago and got the same result. There was a post from someone saying that the S4/S5 don't have the accelerometer hardware.
There are g-meter apps for your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rfree&hl=en_US
Old 06-08-2018, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld
There are g-meter apps for your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rfree&hl=en_US
Sure, but my goal with these coding changes is often "what cool stuff can I add to my car?" and not "how can I solve this problem?" . Enabling a g-meter is very much in the former category for me.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts

even one for turning off the amber indicators which makes no sense since in the US they remain amber anyway.
Makes sense for people like me who swap with e-codes (easier than using long code in VAG-COM/VCP to disable amber indicators) or who tint/blackout the orange reflector
Old 06-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Since I will be receiving my OBDeleven soon, what are some of the most popular changes (that work) people are making on their A5 S5 vehicles?
Old 06-08-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
Sure, but my goal with these coding changes is often "what cool stuff can I add to my car?" and not "how can I solve this problem?" . Enabling a g-meter is very much in the former category for me.
Just offering a solution since your car doesn't have the hardware.

Last edited by CtheW0rld; 06-08-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Tb5
Since I will be receiving my OBDeleven soon, what are some of the most popular changes (that work) people are making on their A5 S5 vehicles?
There are so many threads already discussing this, go to the A4 B9 forum - it has a lengthy thread on all the changes available.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Tb5
Definitely check out the other threads, but these are my adjustments, and likely the most popular ones overall:

--------------------------------------
>>To mute the Soundaktuator
A9 Structure Borne Sound
Adaptation 10
At Channel drop down choose "Volume of structure borne noise actuator" (only choice)
Enter a value in the proper box (0% = mute )
>>show gear in D and S
02 - Transmission
Adaptation
“Single gear display”
Set new value to “D on/S on”
>>Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Long Coding
“comfort_operation_range_limitation”
Change from “active” to “not active”
Press and hold green check mark to accept
>>Confort Blink Cycle
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Adaption
Turn signal control-freeway flashing: flashing cycles
Old value is 3 (for 3 blinks)
-----------------------------------------
Disable Seat Belt Chime
Go to module 17 “Dash Board”
Long Coding -> “Seat Belt Warning”
Default is “Version 2”. Version 1” displays the logo without chime. “Off” turns off the logo and chime
Green check mark to accept.

Quick Reply: obdeleven